I use outlook to manage my calendar and a task list. Can someone please tell me (or explain) if my idea of syncing is correct.
    If I am a college student (no company with exchange server) and I want to sync my tasks and calendar with my 8330 I have to physically connect it with bluetooth. Is there any way to do this wirelessly?
    Also I only use gmail for all of my email. Does gmail push the emails to my device?
    06-03-08 01:15 PM
    No you can't sync wirelessly to your outlook calendar and contacts without BES. Only through using a usb cable.
    06-03-08 01:25 PM
    Ok... on this note I have another question... If my company uses MS Exchange and I am not BES, is it possible to Sync just the Calendar and not the mails...

What I am trying to say is, if I connect my BB to my Desktop and witha cable, would it sync with my MS Exchange Outlook and will I get an option to sync just the calendar???
    06-03-08 01:34 PM
    Yes, you can just sync the calendar only using your USB cable. Open you desktop manager with your BB connected via usb cable click on synchronize>configure tab>config sync then check calendar and uncheck everything else.
    06-03-08 01:41 PM
    I use outlook to manage my calendar and a task list. Can someone please tell me (or explain) if my idea of syncing is correct.
    If I am a college student (no company with exchange server) and I want to sync my tasks and calendar with my 8330 I have to physically connect it with bluetooth. Is there any way to do this wirelessly?
    Also I only use gmail for all of my email. Does gmail push the emails to my device?
    Yes, you can sync Outlook wirelessly without BIS or exchange. You need to install funambol clients on your desktop and BB. (I can't post the url). You need to use a server as well. My.funambol.com should work as should Scheduleworld (I have my own funambol server, so I don't have first hand experience with the servers.)

The above software is free. I use it and it works quite well.
    06-05-08 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD