Hello,

I'm having an odd issue with the email forwarding on my device. I'm using a Gmail account with the standard push (non-IMAP)...it worked fine with emails showing up quickly for months, but a couple days ago it stopped sending mail to the phone altogether. Through some testing I figured out that:

-Sending email from the device works fine, only receiving it is a problem.
    -Sending service books, re-setting up the account, and registering on the network all send me a confirmation, but fail to solve the problem.
    -A battery pull will cause the next email to arrive normally, but only that one. No email sent after the first following a battery pull will arrive on the phone.
    -The emails after the first seem to make the red arrows for data transfer appear, but nothing is delivered.
    02-20-09 11:05 PM
    I've had this same problem for the past week. I called sprint's BB support two days in a row. They wrote a service ticket for it and i'm waiting on a rim tech to contact me. They're not sure and neither am i with what's wrong. Did you try logging into your bis page, delete the accounts and recreate them? Did that yesterday and it's been ok today.
    02-21-09 12:44 AM
    Yep that was the first thing I tried -- no go. Only the battery pull works and only for a single message.
    02-21-09 02:31 AM
    Bump any ideas??
    02-21-09 06:35 PM
    Double check your settings in gmail to make sure pop/imap is enabled. Sometimes gmail account settings are the problem rather than your BB. Good luck.
    02-21-09 06:38 PM
    i have exactly the same problem! i have 30 unread emails in my hotmail account that just arent being pushed to my storm... very maddening!! i cant figure it out
    02-21-09 07:12 PM
    i have exactly the same problem! i have 30 unread emails in my hotmail account that just arent being pushed to my storm... very maddening!! i cant figure it out
    Were the unread emails send AFTER the account was set up in BIS?
    02-21-09 07:20 PM
    Okay I just got three test emails to arrive in a row; I haven't been able to do it with two since this started so it might be fixed.

I did two things so I'm not sure which it could be:

-Firstly I noticed that emails had been arriving normally right up until I forwarded two of them using my web access to Gmail; nothing after that was pushed. So I archived those in case they were somehow messing it up.

-Secondly, probably the more likely solution, I pushed service books, then realized that if the email data and such was only arriving for the first message after the battery pull, it could be the service books were not actually being sent despite the confirmation. So I pulled the battery again and immediately re-sent them after reboot.

Whatever the cause was, it seems to work okay now.
    02-21-09 09:15 PM
    Ok scratch that it worked then but is still massively failing now. It also doesn't work on my Yahoo! account.
    02-22-09 03:58 PM
    Wee triple post but needed for potential future generations of Googlers:

Hopefully the final update on this -- Verizon was unable to help and suggested I try wiping the phone and, if that didn't work, replacing it. The wipe did work, but after restoring my saved messages the problem reappeared. I discovered that if I delete a good number of my email messages, new ones can arrive. I had previously set the device to keep messages forever.

Interestingly, deleting the first few months of all messages, which would be hundreds, mainly didn't help; they were mainly SMS -- but deleting far less of email-only messages did help. And according to the database backup, there were 249 rows in my "Messages" database while over 1000 in SMS. Could possibly be that for some reason it couldn't store 250.

At any rate, I got OS 4.5 upgrade out of it since I was wiping the phone anyway.
    02-23-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD