My new Verizon Curve is my 1st BB and I'm already becoming and addict. It's night and day compared tt my previous Treo 700. I have some emaill questions that I'd like to figure out before I implement 3 more BB's in my organization.

I was successfull in forwarding mail from my Mailtrust account to my BB through my [email protected] address. Here's the problems I've noticed:

If I DO NOT keep a copy in my inbox on the Mailtrust side, I have no record of it being there. This is bad if I'm sitting at my office desk, I have to go to my BB to see new mail.

If I check the box to leave a copy in my account, then (assuming I'm away from my desk) when I delete the mail on my BB, it doesn't do the same on the Mailtrust end (syncronizes the delete). I've tried the "reconcile" feature but when I do so, it brings back what's on my mail account that I've just deleted from my BB. Should I option the BB to make the handheld have priority in conflict situations vice the email account??

When trying this through an IMAP account, when I delete mail on my BB, the mail is COMPLETELY deleted, not just sent to the trash bin as it is when I use the providers website. I usually let email stay in my trash bin for several months before I delete it. Maybe I need to change my way of thinking and save that mail to another folder, but its what I've done forever, kind of like a pseudo "save". I do use "saved" mail folders for more important stuf, but the stuff in the trash bin is more like confirmation emails or receipts for miscellaneous purchases, email from customers etc. that isn't extremely important, but maybe useful in a search down the road. Is there a way to delete the mail from my BB but have that mail transferred to the trash bin instead of being eradicated??

I also do not have a way to have a copy of my sent email either. I've read of some fixes for this, basically setup the auto-BCC to another account that either keeps or forwards that mail to a sent box on your main email account. If theirs anything easier, i'd like to know.

Also, getting a copy back to your BB of the reply's you send are pretty annoying. I've read that you can setup a filter for that account, but I haven't been too successful at making it happen. I think I can get this to work though if I use the correct settings which are eluding me.

I guess it's a bit disappointing as all of these functions would be available with a hosted exchange server and a BES subscription, but I'm not ineterested in spending that kind of money when Mailtrust has most everything else worked out. Their Noteworthy BB Sync piece is excellent.

If anyone can answer most or all of these small issues, everything else is pretty much cake. Ringtones are a bit weird, no general setting that I can find to use a certain ringtone for every call or one for just calls, one for emails, one for texts, etc.

TIA, its been a real "Ride" this weekend.

Thanks
    05-11-08 11:09 AM
    Bump............
    05-11-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD