I'm having some issues with email accounts on my berry. I have two accounts, personal and work, setup on my phone. The personal account is a gmail account that also gets my work email forwarded to it.(More on this later) The second account is my work account, it is a POP address and our email is not hosted in house.

The problem is I'm not getting any emails for my work account UNLESS they are from within the company, however these show up 4-6 hours later. All of my work and personal email shows up instantly in my gmail account, but they seem to show up randomly in my work account.

I've tried a battery pull and searching around online but haven't found a situation similar to this. Can anyone tell me whats going on?
    08-24-09 09:33 AM
    I have a Tour on Verizon and have not received any emails from my Comcast or Yahoo accounts since Friday. I also stopped receiving Facebook updates. It appears I can send emails from my Tour. I sent one from my Comcast account to my Yahoo and I got a notification on my phone but in the MESSAGE folder, it did not show on the Yahoo icon, but was there when I opened the Yahoo mailbox on the phone.

I replied and received the message in the folder for my Comcast account, but no notification on the phone (no flashing red light, now red asterisk on the folder for my Comcast mail). I have changed no settings and these are the first emails that have come to my phone since Friday.

HMMMMM! Help!!!!!
    08-24-09 09:45 AM
    Sounds like you have your work set to forward emails as soon as they hit the server to your gmail and this is working. But sometimes no work emails or delay sending them with BIS push, right. Is your work pc getting the mail or pulling them off the server before BIS polls for it?
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 08-24-09 at 03:46 PM.
    08-24-09 10:41 AM
    resend your service books, make sure that the gmail is imap and not pop on the bis setup, and make sure you don't have another client on another device (PC included) that is deleting messages from the server.
    08-24-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses guys. I think what is happening is that when Outlook receives the message it is deleted off of their servers, before the blackberry can reach it. If we put longer delays on the Outlook Send/Recieve settings then we get most of them to the phones first.
    08-24-09 03:47 PM
    Can you set outlook to leave messages for 1 day. Or set up a bb email that the work address can cc and the bb will get them right away instead of you having to wait for bb to poll the server.
    08-24-09 03:52 PM
    Along with what Tom was saying, you might try a full service book flush ie delete them from the phone and resend from your work server if possible and/or delete and re-config the account
    08-24-09 04:03 PM
    Can you set outlook to leave messages for 1 day. Or set up a bb email that the work address can cc and the bb will get them right away instead of you having to wait for bb to poll the server.
    That is exactly what I planned on doing Tom.
    08-24-09 05:28 PM
    Yes, you can setup outlook to leave messages on server

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD