OK... i have my email set up from various accounts and they all get sent to my BB perfectly.... But here is my issue...

On one account (Its a AOL account) that i use for work..... i would like the email to stay as a new email on my PC even tho I have read it on my BB.

Is that possible? So the people at work will still see it as a new email even tho I have read the email while on the road?

Thanks if you can help....

Oh happy 4th of July from somone who is at work today...

Ramphog
    07-04-08 04:26 AM
    All of mine stay new when I go to view them on my home computer after viewing them from my Berry. I use Gmail myself. It's highly possible that it's something with AOL's settings. Not to say something that you've done wrong but something that AOL will not allow to happen. I could be wrong and stand corrected but I left AOL mail a long time ago as it wasn't coming to my Berry correctly or if I even got them at all. Happy 4th to you today also. I'm off today. I'll be grilling Salmon steaks, chicken, and New York Strip Steaks. I have plenty of Corona and Grey Goose Vodkaa for martinis. Wish you were here, have fun at work!!! Hehehehehehehe!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 05:08 AM
    Thanks for the offer..... and the tips... yea i would leave AOL also but its a work account so i am kinda tied to it.....

Brought chicken wings to make at work... no beer or vodka tho... dangit
    07-04-08 05:12 AM
    I agree with Apollo. I highly recommend GMail. And I think you are correct about it being AOL's settings. I had the same problem and that's why I switched to GMail.
    07-04-08 05:54 AM
    Again... would love to switch accounts but its a work account .... so theres no chance of that happening......

Boss likes AOL so we are stuck with it
    07-04-08 06:07 AM
    So basically your personal email is from other carriers that you have no problems with but only with your Boss's AOL is the problem. Is that your personal Berry or was it issued to you at work? If it's your personal Berry, myself personally wouldn't worry about it because I'm paying for it. Just my opinion though.

07-04-08 06:15 AM
    Boss pays for it....... kinda have to worry about it..... he said to get it fixed....
    07-04-08 06:20 AM
    Haha! Some how I missed the top line of your post and only caught the chicken wings and how you were missing out on vodka and beer. I'm really tired, hungry, and I'm at work right now too! 6:20 AM

Need to go home and sleep! Have the whole weekend off!
    07-04-08 06:22 AM
    The only fix I can suggest is mark them unopened when you get finished reading the emails.

Anyone else?
    07-04-08 06:24 AM
    Try this open the message box, then hit the menu key / options / email reconciliation / select the aol account, then turn wireless reconcile off. See if they is what you want. Hope this helps.
    07-04-08 06:24 AM
    Ramphog you can't fix it if he won't let you. That's AOL!! Bottom line!! I really can't stand when employers want to screw things up and you tell them how to fix it and they don't but rely on you to find a way is BS!! You can talk to a few more people here on CB if you like and if everyone is saying the same thing, your Boss will need to take a little chill pill and set up his Gmail if he wants it to work. Worse case scenario he will have to send out the new address to all of the clients or whomever he has to send them to. That's the only way I can see it happening.

07-04-08 06:29 AM
    Hey mding4gold that works.... thanks...... for some reason i looked at that and thought it would shut off all contact with the email client....

Thanks alot....
    07-04-08 06:31 AM
    Awesome info mding4gold! Thanks!
    07-04-08 06:35 AM
    Try this open the message box, then hit the menu key / options / email reconciliation / select the aol account, then turn wireless reconcile off. See if they is what you want. Hope this helps.
    If I'm not mistaken the email reconciliation is for deleting the email from the Berry and the server. Meaning if he deleted it from the Berry, it automatically deletes from his POP server. They may have to go to AOL's website to retrieve them depending on how it's set up. Sounds like a great idea though, he could try it.

07-04-08 06:36 AM
    Just tried it 4 times...... emails stay as new on AOL .....

Even after reading and deleting off BB..... So i guess my boss can save his chill pill....

Thanks mding4gold
    07-04-08 06:38 AM
    Success mding4gold it worked. Also taught me something new. I'll drink a Corona, Martini, and eat good for you today!!!

07-04-08 06:39 AM

Even after reading and deleting off BB..... So i guess my boss can save his chill pill....

Thanks mding4gold
    Good deal Ramphog, glad to hear that. I guess I can take me a nap now before I get up in the next 4 hours to cook and drink. Have to do it the Marine Corps Way!! Oohrah!!!

07-04-08 06:43 AM
    Isn't it Hoo-rah. Sorry if I'm wrong.. I just thought the Navy's was Ohh-rah.

My friend told me a joke (He's in the navy) and I'm in the Army NG. He told me it because he figured I would get mad. I just laughed.

Why does the Army say "Hoo-uuhhh!" rather than "Hoo-rah!"?
    Because you can't say "Hoo-rah!" with a !@#$ in your mouth.

I found it pretty humorous.

Not sure if I broke any rules for posting that. If so, sorry.
    07-04-08 07:01 AM
    Isn't it Hoo-rah. Sorry if I'm wrong.. I just thought the Navy's was Ohh-rah.

My friend told me a joke (He's in the navy) and I'm in the Army NG. He told me it because he figured I would get mad. I just laughed.

Why does the Army say "Hoo-uuhhh!" rather than "Hoo-rah!"?
    Because you can't say "Hoo-rah!" with a !@#$ in your mouth.

I found it pretty humorous.

Not sure if I broke any rules for posting that. If so, sorry.
    More of a ooh-rah than hoo-rah. Either way you spell it above, they both still sound the same. Good joke, I liked it and I don't think you broke any forum rules. If you have, doesn't matter because today is our day brother!!! Happy 4th to you!!!

07-04-08 07:17 AM

Thanks mding4gold
    Glad I could help!!!
    07-04-08 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD