Hi all, I have 2 blackberry curves 8310/ AT&T on one account. One for me and one for my wife.

I have had a Personal blackberry package on my phone for about 2 months now, and everything worked fine - email, internet. This morning, I added a Personal Blackberry package for my wifes phone. I set up the email through the handset, the internet works.

But I seem to be getting my email on BOTH my handset which is set up with only my email address, AND on her handset which is set up with only her email address.

Also it seems that my handset is "forwarding" my email to her handset.
    Please help!
    03-21-09 08:56 PM
    Something is obviously way wrong here. So each phone has its own BIS login assuming. I would go to each one and resend service books using your pc and see if that changes anything. Heres the link BlackBerry Internet Service
    03-21-09 09:15 PM
    This almost sounds like there is a forwarding rule that is set up to send a copy of your email to her account. Blackberry Internt service (BIS) will only send email to the device it is programed to send to. This also is controlled by the device pin number. This pin will prevent the device from being set up on two BIS accounts

THe only other way to get your email is to have your email source set up on both BIS accounts.

EDIT: if all else fails, call you carrier and have them delete both BIS account and set them up scratch. I would also talk to your carrier and have them look a both BIS accounts and see if they can resolve this for you.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-21-09 at 09:22 PM.
    03-21-09 09:18 PM
    Thanks, I will have to wait till Monday. They are closed today

I wonder if I can delete the BIS account and start over myself?
    03-22-09 09:37 AM
    I'm pretty sure that you cannot delete BIS accounts yourself. You can only change the email accounts, and the phone they forward to.
    03-22-09 10:38 AM
    I'm pretty sure that you cannot delete BIS accounts yourself. You can only change the email accounts, and the phone they forward to.
    You are coorect- only the carrier or RIM can delete the account
    03-22-09 11:10 AM
    You mean to say there are actual living people that work for RIM that you can call to delete your BIS account?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 11:13 AM
    Yes and they are charge a lot for their help as well
    03-22-09 11:14 AM
    Haha naturally. I'd rather deal with the slightly unintelligent at&t customer service. Last time I had a phone problem, the asked me if I knew what the internet was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 11:18 AM
    been on phone for over 2 hours. a bunch of at&T techs.

Now on hold with a rep from blackberry

Blackberry #1 can send and receive email.
    Blackberry #2 can only send email.

Any email that is sent to Blackberry #1's email address, is received by BOTH Blackberry's
    03-23-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD