I have a 8330 Curve from Sprint and I set up an email filter to stop sending messages I send from my email on my computer to my phone but it isn't working! It always sends the original message I replied to from my computer to my Curve and it's really annoying.

The way I set up the filter is:

Filter name: Me

Apply filter when: "From" field

Contains: I put my email address here

Then I click the dot that says "Do not forward messages to device"

Does this type of filter not work for Sprint Curves or something?
    12-01-08 06:39 PM
    I have a 8330 Curve from Sprint and I set up an email filter to stop sending messages I send from my email on my computer to my phone but it isn't working! It always sends the original message I replied to from my computer to my Curve and it's really annoying.
    What you say above doesn't seem to match up with what you say below. Are you saying that you receive a message from someone, and that message gets re-sent to your device when you reply to that message on your desktop?

The way I set up the filter is:

Filter name: Me

Apply filter when: "From" field

Contains: I put my email address here

Then I click the dot that says "Do not forward messages to device"

Does this type of filter not work for Sprint Curves or something?
    This filter should work if you're trying to stop getting copies of your sent messages sent back to you. This is a common problem with Gmail, and easily fixed using a filter as you describe. However, it sounds like you're talking about something else above.
    12-01-08 10:44 PM
    I am saying I'm trying to stop getting copies of my sent messages sent back to me but that filter I set up isn't working for some reason. I thought it worked for all carriers (Sprint, Verizon, etc.) but it isn't working for me.
    12-02-08 10:49 AM
    just checked my settings, and that is how i have it set up on all my email accounts, i have srpint and it works on my 8330. i would just make sure that you did not mispell your email address.
    12-02-08 11:54 AM
    I just checked and I have spelled my email address correctly. I don't know what is wrong.

There is a thing on my Sprint Biz account homepage that says, "When no filters apply:"

"Forward messages to device"
    "Do not forward messages to device"

Mine is currently set on Forward messages to device. That is right isnt it?
    12-02-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD