I have the BB 8330 Curve all most a year now and it has always downloaded my email right away, but the last couple days it is not it seems to be downloading like hours later. If I turn off the phone and to it back on it will download. I have Verizon as a carrier and they had me do the *228 but still having problems. I send my self test emails and it is still not downloading right away. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks Paul A
    07-03-10 04:48 PM
    What TYPE of email address is it? POP3, GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, something else.

Also, just for your future knowledge, even though they had your dial *288, that really doesn't have anything to do with data.

What's your signal read when this happens? 1XEV, 1xev, 1x, something else?

What's your File Free? Go to Options > Status and read the third line.

Have you done a battery pull with the device turned on?
    07-03-10 05:14 PM
    It is a pop3 account
    Signal read is1XEVT all bars
    File free is 38751849 bytes
    Yes I did a battery pull from power on
    Seems like that is always Verizon first thing to try *228

After all I have done *228, receive update, battery pull it is better it takes like 15-30 mins, but for 10 months was within a min! And I haven't made any changes!

Paul A
    07-03-10 05:48 PM
    I have a BIS phone and I am on AOL and I always received e-mails instantaniously but this stopped about a week ago. I now have a 10-20 minute delay. I have re-sent service books but nothing helps.
    I would also like to be getting e-mails quicker and would love any suggestions.
    07-03-10 05:55 PM
    POP3 email accounts do not push instantly. They push at anywhere from 3 - 15 minutes.
    07-03-10 07:00 PM
    Like I said I have had this for 10 months now and up until the last couple of days it was pushing instantly! And why is it if I turn it off and back I will get email?

Paul A
    07-04-10 06:20 AM
    Just wanted to mention, I do receive this same email on my desktop almost instantly. Until the last couple days I always receive my email on my BB before my desktop!
    07-04-10 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD