I'm not even entirely sure how to describe this problem but I'm at home right now and I was sent an email of an image. On my computer the image shows up just fine but there's not only not an image, but the email doesn't even indicate there is an attachment at all on my BB. It doesn't say "attachmet" in the email. There's no option to open "more", open a file, it's as if there was no attachment sent.

So then - even though I've had this problem before with files that the BB is supposed to be able to handle - I looked at the file type for this particular email. It's a TIFF. OK - problem solved, I convert it to a smaller jpg file; still nothing. I've tried many different times now, many different ways to forward the shot to myself, all nothing. I really want this photo on my phone because it's a reference shot and IN GENERAL I really want to be able to get my attachments.

Has anyone heard of this? Is there some setting I have on my BB that I'm unaware of that might be causing this? Help (please)!

- Tania
    Last edited by TDRock; 08-12-08 at 10:46 AM. Reason: politeness
    08-12-08 10:45 AM
    Go to options > advanced options > applications and
    see if BlackBerry Attachment Service is in the list.

If it is not open DM, connect BB, press Application Loader,
    place a check in the BlackBerry Attachment Service box
    and continue through to finish
    08-12-08 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply

I do have BlackBerry Attachment Service (thank heavens, because I'm a Mac computer user)... is there anything further I should do?

I have to say that on the 50-leventh-billionth time I sent myself the file it did show up on my phone but I still don't understand why it did that time and none of the previous times. And of course there's still the issue of when I'm not near a computer and someone sends me something, what do I do then...
    08-12-08 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD