OK, my PC died and I had to buy a new one. So here's the problem...

I have lost ALL my addresses that I had in my Microsoft Outlook.

Is there a way I can sync my BB with my PC and upload the names/addresses onto my PC? If so, how?

In the desktop manager, I don't see that option. It would be SUPER HELPFUL if anyone can tell me how to do this!

Bob
    10-26-08 10:43 PM
    With the sync tool you can set it up to sync with your BB and Outlook.
    10-26-08 10:47 PM
    With the sync tool you can set it up to sync with your BB and Outlook.
    Can you give me an idea how? Is this done through the desk top manager?
    10-26-08 11:08 PM
    Yes... Open up desktop manager and click on synchronization...
    10-26-08 11:10 PM
    OK, my PC died and I had to buy a new one. So here's the problem...

I have lost ALL my addresses that I had in my Microsoft Outlook.

Is there a way I can sync my BB with my PC and upload the names/addresses onto my PC? If so, how?

In the desktop manager, I don't see that option. It would be SUPER HELPFUL if anyone can tell me how to do this!

Bob
    Yep - use "Synchronize" on Desktop manager - - you can acctually go into the configurization menu and set it up the way you like it - - it may be an extra step but when I am loading information to a blank Outlook - I go into the sync configuration menu "setup" and I make it so the Sync is one way the first time - - BlackBerry----->Outlook. That way I am not risking losing the contacts on my BlackBerry - - after that first one-way sync you can go back in and reconfigure for two-way sync from there on. I know some people will say you don't have to go to that extent, but I just do it that way because I am paranoid of losing any contact info when doing the "First" Sync.

Hope that helps a little.
    10-26-08 11:12 PM
    Cancel that request. I GOT IT! Phew....that's a total relief!
    10-26-08 11:14 PM
    Once you get into the Sync - - look for Configure - - - then it kinda talks you through it step by step - - it will ask you what PIM program you want to use and you will obviously pick Outlook - - then you can "Setup" the way you want the sync to work and you can pick if you want Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Tasks......etc ....etc....and you can set it up as a push from device to computer, or push from Outlook to computer, or regular Sync
    10-26-08 11:15 PM
    Cancel that request. I GOT IT! Phew....that's a total relief!
    Yeah, now you can take a breath! It is always scary when you are afraid of losing your contact data base that took years to build !!!
    10-26-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD