i have a jail broken curve 8310 from at&t that's running on t-mobile network...i need to know how do i set up my email address on the blackberry...it wont allow me to set it up...
    04-26-11 11:42 PM
    No such thing as a "jailbroken BlackBerry".

If you want to set up personal email on a BlackBerry, you will need a BLACKBERRY Data Plan from your carrier.
    04-27-11 05:57 AM
    Call your service provider and ask for BlackBerry Bundle or BlackBerry Data Plan to be activated, and it should work.
    04-30-11 09:32 AM
    Call your service provider and ask for BlackBerry Bundle or BlackBerry Data Plan to be activated, and it should work.
    precicely. call your carrier and get a Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) data plan, and account. from your BIS avccount on the web, you can create a [email protected] account, and/or add your other email accounts

unlocking (not jail breaking) the device does not give you any special features / service, other then being able to migrate to a different carrier that the phone was originally branded to (even the iphone has to be unlocked, not only jailbroken to do this)

in order to recieve emails, use data, use native apps, and most 3rd party apps, you will require a blackberry specific data plan, and your device to be linked to a BIS account...
    05-05-11 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD