I put a bunch of songs on my BB today through Desktop Manager. I edited all of them in DM so that when they were on my BB the song titles and artists displayed how I want them to.

But there are a few songs that no matter what I do, I cannot get the info for them correct on my BB. When I look at the songs thru DM, the info is correct. Then I unplug my BB, and the songs are still messed up like they were before.

For example, I have A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash on there. But the BB has it as Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue as the song title. I want to get rid of the part at the front, but cannot get it to happen. I was able to get most of the other songs correctly edited, but there are a few that are giving me fits.

And as far as I can tell, there is not a way to edit this sort of info on the BB itself. Anyone got any tips?
    07-01-09 03:45 PM
    Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)

You need to edit the ID3 tag info and that should get it all
    straightened out.
    07-01-09 04:20 PM
    iTunes does this very effectively (edit the id3 tags). Also it searches for the info itself in a lot of cases. I've switched to uding iTunes w/ teridons scripts to manage the library for my BB, and its great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 06:18 PM
    I edit all of this information on my computer. I take the microSD card out of the phone, put it in the adapter, and put it in the slot on my laptop. It's easier, to me, to change it like that. Then when I put the card back in the phone, it says what I want it to say.
    07-01-09 08:47 PM
    Media Monkey also works great for tagging song files.
    07-01-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD