While reading this forum, it seems that EDGE means you have a data plan and edge (all lowercase) means you do not. I subscribe to T-mobile's data plan so EDGE is primarily on my phone however today, it shows edge. Does this mean even though I subscribe to the data plan that I will be charged for internet usage?
    04-16-08 10:51 AM
    very good question and if i'm not mistaken i dont think you will be, but however i might be wrong i'd call to check it out or wait to see if someone else knows exactly
    04-16-08 10:54 AM
    If you have a data plan, no you will not be charged.
    04-16-08 10:58 AM
    I think 'edge' just means you can do certain data abilities. Mine switches from edge & Edge based on coverage & etc.
    04-16-08 11:23 AM
    Yea because I was in a building todau and my signal dropped to edge. I did a soft reset and when it booted back up it was EDGE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 11:36 AM
    That happened to me over the weekend... edge and I couldn't send any e-mail or use my JiveTalk. I took the battery out and it went back to EDGE and everything started to go thru again. I also remember a time where I left it alone and it changed from edge to caps!
    04-16-08 11:41 AM
    I have the unlimited data plan with ATT and i noticed for a day and a half across two states my EDGE was lowercase, however i didnt notice any drop in services. Text, Email, and Web all worked fine.
    04-16-08 11:44 AM
    EDGE: You can use the phone, send and receive email messages, PIN messages, SMS text message, and MMS message, and use the browser with a high-speed data connection.

edge: You can use the phone and send and receive SMS text messages and MMS messages.
    04-16-08 11:46 AM
    the phone will start up, you may notice it will say gsm (searching for GSM network) GSM(logged onto GSM network) gprs/edge (searching for relevant GPRS/EDCE data network) then GPRS/EDGE (logged onto GPRS/EDGE)
    when showing edge no data will transfer, email mms internet pin messages. with GSM you can call and sms
    04-16-08 02:12 PM
    EDGE: You can use the phone, send and receive email messages, PIN messages, SMS text message, and MMS message, and use the browser with a high-speed data connection.

edge: You can use the phone and send and receive SMS text messages and MMS messages.
    Thank you.
    04-16-08 02:50 PM
    Simply manually re-register to the network.
    04-16-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD