i just recieved my blackberry 8310 a month ago and after restarting the phone again (ringtones wouldn't go away). after starting the phone back up my usual EDGE network became GSM. I can no longer use blackberry community or the internet. around the same time though my dad got the email service for his new blackberry. HOW DO I GET BACK MY EDGE NETWORK BACK RECIEVE THE INTERNET AGAIN????
    06-08-08 10:12 AM
    go in to:

options

mobile network

make sure its on.

If it is and you are still having problems have you tried to use the phone in more than one place. maybe the tower you are on has a problem with the edge hardware at that site.
    06-08-08 11:31 AM
    go to options > advanced options > host routing table, hit menu key and select register now.
    06-08-08 11:52 AM
    good info hazysky.
    06-08-08 12:07 PM
    thanks for all yor help, but whenever Iopen community it says "You are not in an area that can handle data communication. As a result, the browser cannot recieve any web pages," the bowser worked fine in the same exact place before I reset my blackberry curve. But my EDGE network is still GSM, how can i get my edge back, thank you
    06-08-08 02:16 PM
    thanks for all yor help, but whenever Iopen community it says "You are not in an area that can handle data communication. As a result, the browser cannot recieve any web pages," the bowser worked fine in the same exact place before I reset my blackberry curve. But my EDGE network is still GSM, how can i get my edge back, thank you
    try a battery pull if u havent try it yet.
    06-08-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD