EDGE has switched to GSM
08-28-13 02:16 PM
- Bla1zeEditor in ChiefHave you resent your service books?...
Go into your phone...settings>Options>Advanced Options>Service Book...
delete IPPP FOR BIBS as well as IPPP for 5Click...
login to your BIS accnt at BlackBerry Internet Service and then choose the option of "send service books"... you SHOULD see some data movement on your device,also you can go into Settings>Options>Advanced Options> Host Routing Table and press your menu key choose "Register Now"... then pull your battery one more time...let it come back up and see if it goes to EDGE for you...if not contact AT&T ask to speak to CDS dept.
Last edited by Bla1ze; 01-27-08 at 01:30 PM.01-27-08 01:27 PM
- 01-27-08 02:44 PM
I had the same problem.
It was some setting change I made in the Browser settings, but I still don't know what I did to make it change to GSM
All I did to fix it was do a hard reset of the phone.
Back up all data first as it deletes EVERYTHING.
When the phone comes back up, you'll see it set back to edge at the top, and your speedy Blackberry Browser will also be back. Don't do a full restore of your data, as the problem will come back instantly. Restore only your actual data (ringtones, Phonebook, etc).
Strangely enough after the reset the phone started working better during calls, go figure...
One more thing. After the hard reset, it would be a good time to update the phone software to the latest OS if you are comfortable doing so. That really did the trick for me. My 8300 rocks!
This smartphone was the best investment I have ever made fo my business and personal use, hands down.
Hope this helps
Mark01-27-08 03:28 PM
- I missed something but it was mentioned in a Prior post
You will need to send the service books to get the phone back online after the reset.
The one good thing about a phone being locked to a carrier is a hard reset will always go back to the original "use our settings so we can get more money out of you" configuration.
You can bank on it
Mark01-27-08 03:34 PM
- I wish there was a type of IM on crackberry so that you can walk me through this. I have been on the phone with ATT for 83 minutes and no one is able to help me.
I am backing up my files as we speak... I think. I do not know how to do a hard reset. Should I take my memory card out?01-27-08 03:40 PM
- Try this:
homescreen > menu button > options > advanced options > host routing table > menu key > register now
That should pull all the service books back to your phone.
After that try turning the phone off, remove the battery & sim card. wait about 20 seconds, re-insert everything and turn the phone back on.
You may have ot contact AT&T/Cingular to have them reset you on the network01-27-08 10:16 PM
- Not sure about the other carriers, but the way AT&T has is is that if it's in AllCaps, you can do everything. If it's lowercase, you can only really send sms messages.
I had something like this happen last night, where my BB switched from the EDGE to the 'edge' setting (I thought I missed a bill or something, and even checked online). I went into Manage Connections, turned off the Mobile Network for about 10 seconds, turned it back and poof. Back on the EDGE.
Hope that helps.01-29-08 06:26 PM
- any one ,,,,,, can please tell me , that how can i turn off "edge" from BlackBerry curve 9320..??? cz m not using net but my credit is detecting automatically.... i called to service provider but they said your GPRS setting is turn off, there is some problem in your setting, kindly tell me what to do with it now ... ???? to change edge into GSM08-28-13 02:16 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 83xx
EDGE has switched to GSM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD