ever since i erased my blackberry curve, the battery is draining in less than 4 hours. I can see constant data communication (Arrows in the right top corner), though i removed all my email accounts and nothing in the browser. When i turn off data communication, the battery runs for longer hours (more than 20hrs).
    Not sure which application is connecting with the internet. i have not installed any additional application nor setup up any email accounts after the complete erase. There is no application running in background (other than 4 default apps) either.

any idea what could be wrong with EDGE or which application is trying to connect to internet at all times ?
    07-23-09 09:59 PM
    My sprint phone does this a lot for no reason also. I've searched around here and most people say its just a flaw in the blackberry os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 11:28 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! I used to have somewhat of the same issue when I got my first Blackberry but it wasn't as bad. I've read that the Facebook application was always trying to update itself or something along those lines. I don't know how true it is but I have the Facebook 1.6 app installed and my battery lasts about two days without heavy usage. My only concern is that my FREE MEMORY drops down to 0 at times and my BB starts freezing but I restart it and works fine after that. If you use Blueetooth and WIFi, that would cause a decrease in your battery life also. If you surf the web a lot too, that'll drain it but I'm sure you knew that. Make sure when you're running an app you close it after. For instance, I have Gmail and Google Maps. When I'm done, I hit the MENU button and hit Exit on the app to close them or else they would still be running in the background. Make sure you close your browser too. Blackberry Messenger will always be running in the background from what I've read here on CB.

I know I wasn't much help but I'm sure you'll get some answers in time. These Crackberry heads are very helpful so stick around.
    07-23-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD