so wat is the easiet way to put music on my phone?? where can i download the the desktop manager without media??? and while i am here asking basic questions how do i get free ring tones, absoultly free, and how can i put my ringtone back to the ATT tone (default tone)?? If i put music on the phone can i use the songs as a ringtone?
    02-01-09 11:58 AM
    All you asked is posted here. A search will bring you all kinds of knowledge.
    To put music on your phone, first it is best to have a media card (MicroSD card) installed. Then simply drag and drop your MP3 files int the Music folder under the Blackberry folder.
    Free ringtones are available here from Crackberry. Check it out above all forums. Drag them into the Ringtones folder on the Media Card.
    If you want a full song for a ringtone just put it in the ringtone folder and it will show up but it is better to use about 20-30 seconds of it as it will load faster and start playing faster.

Good Luck and use the search feature, there is a ton of free information here.
    02-01-09 12:08 PM
    Get desktop manager without media manager from blackberry.com support/downloads. As long as you have a media card installed go to options/media card and enable mass storage. Then hook up via usb to pc blackberry will show up as device with removable storage under "my computer". Just drag and drop the media into its respected folders. Make your own ringtones...I use audacity..google it. Ringback tones I have no idea about.
    02-01-09 12:11 PM
    ronb is right, the drag and drop method really is all you have to do to load music assuming you already have that memory card installed. There are apps that may or may not boost your experience but you did ask for the easiest way right?
    02-01-09 12:12 PM
    what about restoring the att default ringtone
    02-01-09 03:09 PM
    I have no idea what the default at&t ringtone is. Go to your profiles and click advanced then edit. Now you can change your ringtone from ones you ad to your device or stock ones.
    02-01-09 03:35 PM
    I have windows millenium so the desktop manager is useless to me. ( if anyone has any ideas on this I'd love to hear em) I went to radio shack and bought an SD card reader/writer and a 4 gig card for 24-25 bucks for the combo. Put the card into the Blackberry and let it format to the phone, once that is done remove the card Put the card into the reader and plug it into a usb port on your computer. Open up "MY COMPUTER" and you will see " REMOVABLE DISK" with a letter after it. click on that and it should say "BLACKBERRY" click on that again and it should say " PICTURES" "VIDEOS" "RING TONES" "MUSIC"...open up music. Now make the screen small on your desktop ( I cannot think of what the icon is called to do that..its the midle one in the upper right hand corner) NOW open up the folder with your mp3 files and make it smaller.....left click on an mp3 file you want and hold the mouse button down and drag the file over to the MUSIC screen on the card and let go of the mouse button..BLAM you have music on your card now. just drop and drag whatever files you want on your blackberry the same way. Put pics in the pic section of the card and video in the video section etc....when you are done click on the unplug or eject hardware icon in the lower right hand corner and stop the card reader....remove the card and put it in the blackberry.
    02-02-09 09:52 AM
    still would like the att default ringtone.....its wat comes on the phone out of the box??!
    02-07-09 12:36 PM
    You don't need to install desktop manager to load music. You can just drag and drop files onto your BB.

I get ringtones from Mobiles24.com. They are completely free and you can download them straight from your phone. You can restore the default ringtone by just selecting it in the ringtone folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 12:51 PM
    There are a few ways to set your ring tone.

Easiest for what you want to do if you want to set the ring tone for all calls, in and out of the holster:

Click on Profiles, this will bring up your list, scroll down to Advanced and put your trackball on the one that says Active but don't click it
    Press Menu > Edit > Phone > There, you'll have two choices, Out of Holster and In Holster. Scroll down to the ring tone on each one, click it, go ALL the way to the top by scrolling or press the "A" key and choose AT&T Tune.
    Esc out and save and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps
    02-07-09 12:59 PM
    Every time i'm this close to downloading music to blackberry via media manager, it says there isn't enough space on disk, though i have verified that there is 1.88 GB and i'm trying to download under 200 MB. I do not have a card reader on my computer so the drag and drop isn't an option. Also - i have itunes, and i think that uses MP4 format, and that was transferred to media manager. Could that be causing a problem - that blackberry can only use MP3?
    02-28-09 10:42 AM
    I use FrostWIre for all music and movies for my 8330. I have 5 full length movies and lots of songs. 4gb card
    02-28-09 12:05 PM
    Every time i'm this close to downloading music to blackberry via media manager, it says there isn't enough space on disk, though i have verified that there is 1.88 GB and i'm trying to download under 200 MB. I do not have a card reader on my computer so the drag and drop isn't an option. Also - i have itunes, and i think that uses MP4 format, and that was transferred to media manager. Could that be causing a problem - that blackberry can only use MP3?
    I know that iTunes "protects" their music. Not sure if they protect all the music but I can't get all my music to sync from iTunes because of this. I have put everything that I burned from my own cd collection transferred to my BB. If your computer has a USB port, you don't need a card reader. Just plug your BB into the computer via USB and allow it to connect as a mass media device. Your computer should recognize it as another hard drive, then you can drag and drop. Remember though, some/all of iTunes will not go over/play.
    03-02-09 01:29 PM
    Older music purchased from the iTunes store will not play on BB's (or anything other than an iPod for that matter) because of DRM. Apple is removing DRM from iTunes purchases, so recently purchased music will play. Media Sync will not sync DRM music. You can drag and drop DRM music on to your BB but it will not play.

You can remove DRM using several methods. You can burn your purchased music to a CD and then import the music back into iTunes as MP3's, you can search online for programs that will remove DRM including something that creates a virtual CD-ROM drive for burning and reimporting or you can upgrade your music to iTunes+ which allows you to download new versions of your songs without DRM. The upgrade is a one shot deal for all your music that is available for upgrade. You can't pick and chose specific songs.
    03-02-09 01:44 PM
    Older music purchased from the iTunes store will not play on BB's (or anything other than an iPod for that matter) because of DRM. Apple is removing DRM from iTunes purchases, so recently purchased music will play. Media Sync will not sync DRM music. You can drag and drop DRM music on to your BB but it will not play.

You can remove DRM using several methods. You can burn your purchased music to a CD and then import the music back into iTunes as MP3's, you can search online for programs that will remove DRM including something that creates a virtual CD-ROM drive for burning and reimporting or you can upgrade your music to iTunes+ which allows you to download new versions of your songs without DRM. The upgrade is a one shot deal for all your music that is available for upgrade. You can't pick and chose specific songs.
    Very Cool! Without having taken the time to go into my iTunes to check it out, could you please tell us if this is done directly from iTunes? This is what I've been wondering about. My GF was just asking me about this today and I didn't have an answer for her. Thanks in advance for the help.
    03-02-09 01:53 PM
    Very Cool! Without having taken the time to go into my iTunes to check it out, could you please tell us if this is done directly from iTunes? This is what I've been wondering about. My GF was just asking me about this today and I didn't have an answer for her. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Done right from iTunes. Sign in to your account at the iTunes Store, click on Upgrade to iTunes Plus and iTunes will tell you what can be upgraded and what it will cost.

I haven't done it yet, because I don't think everything I purchased has been added.
    03-02-09 02:00 PM
    excellent. Thanks for the help, I'll give it a shot.
    03-02-09 02:06 PM
    Good luck.
    03-02-09 02:08 PM
    You can download music directly from the net by going to jimmyr.com and go to MP3 downloads from Google. There, you enter the song name or artist and the search results show several "index of" results where you may be able to find your song. Click on your song once you find it and you'll see the open or save option. Open to confirm its the song you want or save it to your music files!
    03-03-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD