My headphones worked before changing the housing, so it's not an OS issue...at least not in my case.

I did try putting the original housing back on, but it didn't make a difference. Was thinking about bluetooth stereo headphones, but does anyone know if they will work with the Slacker application and video?

mrsding
    02-24-09 09:37 AM
    Yeah...same here...everything worked fine until I changed my housing out...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:56 AM
    I changed my housing, and all went smoothly (or so I thought). However, today, I tried to plug in my earphones, and...nothing.

The sound still comes out of the handset, but won't go through the earbuds.

Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks,

mrsding

I had the exact same thing to happen....only my problem became worse. Check this out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hel...ds-off-168021/
    02-24-09 09:56 AM
    Dang !!!!! Same thing with me.. new Black housing for my 8330 and poof no more headphones!! thats it going to buy bluetooth headphones... grrrr must be a ground problem or something like that. I will take it apart and see if it looks like something is out of place... also will try the eq but I don't think thats it.

if you think about it the headphones when pluged in shut the speaker off at a certain point so maybe something moved the the end of the jack touches to ground out something to turn them on????

wish I would have seen this before I... oh who am I kidding it looks awesome and I wanted bluetooth headphones anyway LOL
    03-02-09 06:42 AM
    Ok just took it apart again and no-go....

lets dissect this.... the torx screw holes the top of the rails.. thats the only part that should make a difference... now the screen under the front housing has metal tabs at the top which the torx screws go through. the plastic tab on the right rail(also where the torx screws go through) can go over or under that that metal screen tab when put back together(could be an issue) the tab on the left rail seems to only be able to go over the metal tab on the screen so to have the metal touch the circuit board when tightened down. and that's the side the jack is on!

we need to find out if the positioning of the side rail tabs make a difference.

anyone ????
    03-02-09 07:04 AM
    Ok just took it apart again and no-go....

lets dissect this.... the torx screw holes the top of the rails.. thats the only part that should make a difference... now the screen under the front housing has metal tabs at the top which the torx screws go through. the plastic tab on the right rail(also where the torx screws go through) can go over or under that that metal screen tab when put back together(could be an issue) the tab on the left rail seems to only be able to go over the metal tab on the screen so to have the metal touch the circuit board when tightened down. and that's the side the jack is on!

we need to find out if the positioning of the side rail tabs make a difference.

anyone ????
    Interesting...

I hope someone can figure this out...

03-02-09 07:39 AM
    Has anyone changed their housing on an 8330 curve and NOT had this problem???
    03-02-09 09:35 AM
    Has anyone changed their housing on an 8330 curve and NOT had this problem???
    I haven't replaced my housing but I have opened it up a few times. I'm having the same problem but it didn't start when I opened it, it seems to of started around the time I upgraded to 4.5.

I originally opened the housing the first time to replace a broken display. At that time, looking at the phone from the back, I broke one of the torx screws on the opposite side as the audio plug, but after re-assembly the audio plug still worked. I upgraded to 4.5 but never used the audio plug for a while after that. I also opened the case to exchange the keyboard and once I reassembled after that then I noticed the audio plug not working so I can't say if it is something that happened with the software upgrade or exchanging the keyboard.

I would like to know if there is some that have upgraded to the 4.5 that don't have this problem as I have a feeling this is where the problem lies. I have tried the suggestion of turning the equalizer off but that didn't have any effect.

Telus has ordered a replacement phone from RIM for me that I am hoping to pick up today. If it doesn't come with the Telus 4.5 I will be upgrading to it and we will see if the problem returns.

Mike
    03-02-09 10:17 AM
    Any techs out there have a clue why this happens??
    03-12-09 07:48 PM
    I've received my replacement BB and the audio plug is working fine. I have opened the case to replace the keyboard but not all the way. only removed the two top screws on the back, opened the side peace's as far as I had to to remove the old keyboard and replace it, but the audio plug is still working so far.

Mike
    03-13-09 09:31 AM
    I'm having the same problem & brought my Curve back & got a new one. It worked fine for a day then, same thing. I tried my I pod headphones and BAM, no problem at all. I'll try the EQ setting to see if that works. Try a different type of headphone set & hopefully that helps.
    03-19-09 10:13 PM
    I'm having the same problem & brought my Curve back & got a new one. It worked fine for a day then, same thing. I tried my I pod headphones and BAM, no problem at all. I'll try the EQ setting to see if that works. Try a different type of headphone set & hopefully that helps.
    I tried a different set of headphones. U can hear a small pop sound in the headphones before it starts coming out the speaker on the phone. Sounds like a short IDK.. Imma take it apart tonight and see what happens
    03-25-09 10:17 PM
    I'm having the same type of problem and I haven't changed the housing... in fact, this is my second brand new 8330. I was told it's a sprint music store problem. Now I'm not so sure.

Hey when you talk about the "equalizer" do you mean "audioboost"? I can't find an equilizer option.
    03-26-09 12:15 PM
    Same problem here. I have not changed the case and running the latest 4.6.0.13 sofware. I can switch between handset and speaker but no sound from the headphones. I have tried different headphones through the Radio Shack 4-conductor adapter. This happens both with Pandora or downloaded files.
    03-26-09 07:56 PM
    seems like a problem with the upgrade...anyone down grade there phone yet, to see if it fixes the problem.
    03-27-09 09:00 PM
    I've had an issue with my headsets since the day I got my 8330. Try having music playing, and slowly slide the headphones in. Mine don't work if they are in all the way, so I have to slide them in slowly until I hear the music and then stop. Annoying, yes, but I had my BB set up just how I liked it before trying the headphones, so I didn't wantr to take it in and then have them tell me I have to get another one.

Give this a try, and see if that doesn't do it for ya.

I tried the slow insert of the earphones and this worked! thanks! Turning equalizer off didn't do anything. I had this weird problem where it would work fine at home and at work, it wouldn't. Wondered if it was network, but guess not. I have no problems with this with slacker or flycast.

Is there permanent fix for this? I just did upgrade to .168 last week.
    03-31-09 09:18 AM
    I just changed my housing, bought through gsm4world on Ebay and my earphone jack also stopped working. I played around with the side rails to see if this was the problem to no avail. The one thing i did notice is if you completely pull out the side rail on the side of the earphone jack it shuts the phone off..So this might be an issue of lost grounding?? due to a part being bent out of shape due to new housing? or just the whole installation process bends something?
    04-23-09 11:10 PM
    Yeah, I have the same problem, but I never changed the housing or anything. It just stopped working all of a sudden. It only works when I do what brianfreytag suggested, but it is really annoying. If I put the headphone plug all the way in, and if my phone recognizes it, sometimes sound will only come out of the left earpiece. I've tried this with multiple earphones, but its the same thing. I'm running 4.5, but I don't think upgrading was the cause, since it just stopped working yesterday and I upgraded like almost 2 months ago... Oh, the equalizer thing didn't do anything... Any more help???

04-25-09 03:44 PM
    Yeah, I have the same problem, but I never changed the housing or anything. It just stopped working all of a sudden. It only works when I do what brianfreytag suggested, but it is really annoying. If I put the headphone plug all the way in, and if my phone recognizes it, sometimes sound will only come out of the left earpiece. I've tried this with multiple earphones, but its the same thing. I'm running 4.5, but I don't think upgrading was the cause, since it just stopped working yesterday and I upgraded like almost 2 months ago... Oh, the equalizer thing didn't do anything... Any more help???

I would take it in for a warranty claim and have a nice "like new" curve in the mail in a few days
    04-25-09 10:23 PM
    I am having a similair issue. Sometimes I have sound through the earbuds and other times I get the pop telling me they are connected but the sound is still from the phone itself.
    04-25-09 11:18 PM
    I'm having this issue as well. Had it with Slacker and now with Pandora. The Slacker issue was before I changed housings and the Pandora issue is after. Always been on 4.5 though. Is it worth bringing into Verizon to see if there's a fix or to get a new Curve?
    05-07-09 07:55 PM
    My BOLD has a setting while playing music called "activate handset" or "activate speakerphone". I set it to the handset setting and it worked perfectly.
    05-19-09 08:08 AM
    Does anyone have a solution fofr this issue. Had no idea about this, changed the case killed my earphone jack, called VZN and they sent a new phone, since I had no clue I changed the Housing yet again and then killed the earphone jack again !

HELP!
    08-14-09 04:28 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD