After a recent call that I put on speakerphone, I noticed that the sound coming from the ear piece sounded like it was coming from a blown speaker. It was distorted and 'tinny' as some people describe. However, calls I put through the speakerphone still sound fine. I am beyond warranty and do not have the protection plan. I have pulled the battery and restarted with no effect.

Two questions: are there 2 speakers(one for the ear piece and one for speakerphone/media)? Can I fix this myself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 01:27 PM
    First try blowing it out with some canned air and if that doesn't work you can replace the speaker heres a place to get it:
    speaker for 8300
    06-12-09 01:31 PM
    So there is only one speaker? It uses the same one for everything: media, speakerphone, standard calls? I noticed that the ad you sent said 'loud speaker'. And I take it that I can do this myself.

06-12-09 01:33 PM
    06-12-09 01:35 PM
    I think I have read that post. My call audio is normal and the other settings don't change it/fix it. I was just curious if the one speaker is the driver for both types of audio: standard ear piece calls and the loud speaker. Anyone have any idea if there is a 'high quality' replacement speaker? I had this same problem when I first got my 8330 over a year ago and it was under warranty. It was replaced then but that is not an option now. Just seems like the 'OEM' speaker is prone to this failure.

06-12-09 01:46 PM
    Bump to see if anyone has info on latest questions. Thanks.

06-13-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD