I have multiple email icons (which is okay), however, the only notification I get that I have new mail for any of those boxes if from the generic "messages icon" - I just switched from the Pearl, and on that one, each "mailbox" icon would indicate if I had new mail for that account.
    Is there some way to have that occur on the Curve? Am I totally missing something?
    Your forum, by the way is super!
    07-16-08 06:01 AM
    While in messages or the email boxes go to menu>options>general options>scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes and select seperate.
    07-16-08 06:06 AM
    Tried that - didn't work :-(
    07-16-08 06:09 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

I'm assuming you now have a Curve (you didn't say). Normally, email would perform the same as your Pearl did and give you an indication in both the Messages icon and the individual account icon. If this is not happening, I would first check that the New Message Indicator is turned on for each account, then log into the BIS site and resend your service books.
    Last edited by Kronk; 07-16-08 at 06:15 AM.
    07-16-08 06:10 AM
    That hasn't worked either :-))
    07-16-08 06:17 AM
    Did you try deleting the email accounts from BIS and readding them? And maybe restart the device after doing so...
    07-16-08 06:23 AM
    While in messages or the email boxes go to menu>options>general options>scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes and select seperate.
    I also forgot to say that after you select separate you must hit menu again and save. Log into your carriers BIS page, delete the email accounts and add them again. If this doesn't work I would take the phone back(you just got it) and ask them to replace it, because after the directions you've been given it should be working properly.

edit: Also, you could try pulling the battery.
    07-16-08 06:26 AM
    To all who replied:
    This was a user error I forgot to go to BIS and change my device, so once I put in the right codes for ESN, etc. all was well.

Thanks to all - you are great

Sue
    07-17-08 08:32 AM
    Glad it worked out for you.
    07-17-08 08:35 AM
    Enjoy the new phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD