Okay I'll just start off with I'm still a rookie with my BB, so need some help from all you BB Brainiacs When I receive an e-mail message from my aol account and it's sent to my BB, why is it that I don't have it in my regular aol account when I log in to my computer? For the record, when I read a message, I hit delete but only on the handheld. Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't set?

Thanks again everyone for all your wisdom.....YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST!

Susie Q
    06-21-08 01:41 PM
    Try sending your AOL email account a test message and do not delete it on the device and see if it makes it to the pc.
    06-21-08 02:06 PM
    Okay I'll just start off with I'm still a rookie with my BB, so need some help from all you BB Brainiacs When I receive an e-mail message from my aol account and it's sent to my BB, why is it that I don't have it in my regular aol account when I log in to my computer? For the record, when I read a message, I hit delete but only on the handheld. Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't set?

Thanks again everyone for all your wisdom.....YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST!

Susie Q

You probably have it set to delete on mailbox & handheld. Go to messages, options, then go to email reconciliation then choose your aol account under message services and make sure delete on shows Handheld if you only want it to delete on the handheld.
    06-22-08 10:27 AM
    Thanks, but I checked the Email Reconciliation and it shows 3 items....Delete On says Prompt, Wireless Reconcile says On, and On Conflicts say Mailbox Wins. So, are you saying that I need to change the first one? But when I get an e-mail, and go to delete it, it always goes right to delete on handheld? And I always pick that one.

HELP! I really am a quick learner, this is just frustrating me.

Thanks so much,
    Susie Q
    06-22-08 09:36 PM
    do you look at your aol acct on the computer via the web or outlook? Being it is IMAP it should not matter, but you go into outlook if that is what you use and check the leave copy msg on the server. I have seen this work, but more pop3 and outlook
    06-22-08 09:40 PM
    My aol mail comes to my BB which is fine, but it would be nice to have it come to my computer too, but it isn't there.
    06-22-08 09:42 PM
    Thanks, but I checked the Email Reconciliation and it shows 3 items....Delete On says Prompt, Wireless Reconcile says On, and On Conflicts say Mailbox Wins. So, are you saying that I need to change the first one? But when I get an e-mail, and go to delete it, it always goes right to delete on handheld? And I always pick that one.

HELP! I really am a quick learner, this is just frustrating me.

Thanks so much,
    Susie Q
    Try changing 'Delete on' to 'handheld'
    06-22-08 09:44 PM
    Thanks so much Yaabeng.......I absolutely love this site....you are all so helpful! I just changed it, so we'll see.
    06-22-08 10:00 PM
    I don't use AOL, so I can't test this, but I can help you understand this a little better. AOL uses IMAP, exclusively (I believe), IMAP is a mail protocol that allows for the exchange of other information, aside from just messages (as POP3 does), it can transfer information about what folder the message is in, and it can do other neat things, too. The main idea, though, is that POP3 was designed to allow mail clients (such as Outlook) to transfer e-mail OFF of a server and on to your computer, whereas IMAP was designed to allow a user to manage his e-mail account from a client application (such as Outlook), while still being able to manage it elsewhere. AKA the primary purpose of the mail client is NOT to move the mail from the server to the local machine, it is to read and organize the mail, while it is still being stored on the server.

In any event, adding an account to your berry doesn't redirect the e-mail - it's still going through AOL. For your e-mail to reside on your berry and not on your mail server, IMAP or POP3, your berry has to actually tell your mail server to delete each piece of mail. Double and triple check your settings on your berry to make sure that it's not set to delete your mail.

Is your mail on AOL before you delete it off the blackberry, or is it never there? If you NEVER see your AOL mail on AOL, then it sounds like an issue with your AOL client - check those settings. Also, log in to the AOL web client, at aol.com, and see if your mail is there. If it is, then it is definitely the AOL software, in which case a reinstall is in order.
    06-23-08 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD