Hello everyone. I'm new to the sight and am sorry since I'm sure that there has been this posted a million times. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I am trying to rip a dvd that I own and put it on my BB curve from Sprint. I am having trouble ripping the dvd and getting it converted for my curve. If anyone can please tell me the name of a softare that can do both at the same time I would appreciate it so much... thanx all.
    06-02-08 02:52 AM
    If you're using a Mac, use MacTheRipper and HandBrake. If you're on a PC, I can't really help you with it.
    06-02-08 03:02 AM
    BAH sorry I should have specified I'm using PC with windows XP...thanx for you post though davidg4781
    06-02-08 03:04 AM
    Since DVD"s are copy protected you need decoding software first. The best I have found is AnyDVD! Go to slysoft.com and get AnyDVD then you can use one of there ripping softwares or your own such as Roxio Easy Media Creator. AnyDVD is the best as it runs in the background and instantly decrypts all the newest titles It also has free lifetime updates! I personally use this software and highly recommend all of the slysoft software. Its also VERY affordable and excellent quality software with no third party adds etc. Go get it and enjoy your movies converted to mp4 format on your new Curve.
    I wanted to add that ofcourse copying copy protected dvd's is illegal therefore you will be doing it at your own risk. I think it is legal to make 1 backup disk IF you own a copy of the original. As long as you don" copy and distribute the dvd and use this for your own use you will be fine.
    Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 06-02-08 at 04:57 AM.
    06-02-08 04:45 AM
    Thank you for your post and advise. Of course I own the original dvd, its just for long car rides AND four days on a buisness trip it sux to bring along the portable and the dvds when my curve can hold quite a few movies with the 4G card I have. Plus the portable dvd player and dvd's are something extra I would have to look after working with untrustworty co-workers. Thanx again for the post.
    06-02-08 05:52 AM
    You know, I bought something called PocketDVD a few years back for my Palm Treo. You can also check that out. There's a trial version of it also. I think I still needed that AnyDVD thing from slysoft.com (when I saw that, it reminded me that I had looked into this stuff back when I had a PC).

As for the legality, I think if you have to use something to break the protection, it's illegal, regardless what you are going to do with the copy. Some DVDs don't have this protection, so those are legal to copy for your own personal use. I really don't see any reason why you can't break the protection even if you're going to use it for your own use, but that's what I heard on the radio a while back on a talk show about technology. I could be wrong though, back then it didn't matter much to me, so I didn't care to take notes.
    06-02-08 07:38 AM
    AnyDVD is the best ...
    I couldn't agree more. I have been using AnyDVD since it's beta years and couldn't be any happier with it.
    06-02-08 08:20 AM
    I can also highly recommend "Media Studio for Blackberry". And, their new version they just came out with work perfectly. It will also copy the movie to your BB after converting it if you want it to. A full length DVD movie ends up being in the 300-400 mb size range.
    06-02-08 08:47 AM
    I can also highly recommend "Media Studio for Blackberry". And, their new version they just came out with work perfectly. It will also copy the movie to your BB after converting it if you want it to. A full length DVD movie ends up being in the 300-400 mb size range.
    Where did you get that software? Was it free?
    06-02-08 08:55 AM
    Thanx everyone for the replies. After searching all night for one that I liked and found (newb status) user friendly I found one. Tried the trial version and it worked like a charm, now to try the full version. It's called DVD to GO off of the Handango.com site...it was only something like 15 bux to. I just found it easy for me to use. Yall might like it, membership is free on the site. The trial version only lets you copy and convert like 5 minutes, but it worked great, nice clearity and audio/video sync.
    06-02-08 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD