I am getting dust under my Curve's screen. Can the screen be removed to clean the dust out? Anybody else having htis problem? If so, were you able to clean out the dust? How?
    02-23-08 12:49 PM
    This is a known problem with BB's. You have to open the device and clean it, there's a video on youtube on how to.
    02-23-08 12:54 PM
    This is a known problem with BB's. You have to open the device and clean it, there's a video on youtube on how to.
    I have heard about this problem with many Curves but not other models.
    02-23-08 01:00 PM
    ...Have absolutely no idea why...
    02-23-08 03:08 PM
    I used the instructions from youtube and it was easy took 10 minutes total time and now my screen looks new again.
    02-25-08 07:25 PM
    The right side of the Curve screen seems prone to the dust.
    Been using the 8800 and no dust and no noticeable space on the screen as with the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 07:30 PM
    Anyone got the link for the youtube video.
    03-17-08 09:54 AM
    I came home completely drunk the other night and thought it would be a good idea to clean mine. Spent an hour (was real careful not to break anything) and when I was done I actually got it all back together really well. Wow! Only problem.... I cleaned the screen really good but in my drunken stooper I blew the last few particles of dust off and some how got a little spit on the inside of the plastic screen cover. $%#@
    Moral of the story.... Its a waste of time to attempt it drunk.
    It is alot cleaner but I'm sure it would have been better if I did it today. I'll try again in a few days
    03-17-08 10:06 AM
    One question� after you open the Curve the cleaning has to be with compressed air??? Any other recomendation, cause it really bothers me, mostly under sunlight which make it more obvius

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 11:11 AM
    03-17-08 08:54 PM
    i had the same problem on mine. so i returned it to at&t and got a new one.
    03-17-08 10:11 PM
    Any way to prevent the dust? Like sealing up the right side with something? Becase most times its the right side tht allows dust to get it
    03-18-08 06:08 AM
    I wonder if it has anything to do with static electricity. I just noticed this problem with mine after I played with my kids on some of that plastic park equipment. It had a ton of static coming off the equipment and that's when I first saw dust inside the screen. I'd never played with them on that stuff with my phone in my pocket. Just a theory.
    03-18-08 11:34 AM

Thanks man!
    03-18-08 01:35 PM
    The video is useful but it rushed through the steps. I don't want to sound spoiled but I'm not comfortable enough to strip my Berry with the guidance of that video. So can someone else possibly record a new one without rushing through the steps?

I really want to get this done but that video just went by too fast. Thanks, guys! This site is awesome!
    03-22-08 11:19 PM
    Hey Spinn, I thought the video was a lil speedy too, first time I saw it...especially when he says "be careful" because you may break the clips when you remove the side bezel that keep the front and rear plate together. All I could say is, the clip is pretty durable and if you just suck it up and pull, you can get it off and it won't break. The next hard part was prying the front piece from the second because there was a lot of resistance. Same advice as the first.

Sorry if it didn't help. I once read that someone blew compressed air through the volume control buttons and spread out the dust as a temporary solution. This way you don't have to take the phone apart. I've tried this once, it worked well enough.
    03-23-08 01:31 AM
    My first BB I pulled off the round part and one of the tiny clips broke. Gotta be careful with tht.
    03-23-08 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD