I have what looks like little particles or bubbles under the glass on my screen, I brought it back and they said dust got in there is nothing they can do. They offered me a $20 case anyone ever have this problem?
    03-25-09 11:11 AM
    dust is small, it will get it, get the case, it happens, dust, lint etc, whatever environment you are in.
    03-25-09 11:12 AM
    I messes up the viewing. Have you seen it before?
    03-25-09 11:13 AM
    Purchase a t5 or a t6 screw driver (I can't remember if you need both for taking off the screen or not) and remove it yourself. That's what I do and it works out great. If you're gentle when taking apart your phone it will be fine.
    03-25-09 11:23 AM
    Yeah I have a HUGE peice of dust under mine it actualy is smack in the middle.......any home remedies for this lol? If not....eh.....I used to play an original game boy....now that was dust under a screen lol!

03-25-09 11:24 AM
    Purchase a t5 or a t6 screw driver (I can't remember if you need both for taking off the screen or not) and remove it yourself. That's what I do and it works out great. If you're gentle when taking apart your phone it will be fine.

Yeah this is what I am thinking about doing.....going to watch some videos on it today!

03-25-09 11:26 AM
    FYI - the more you mess around with taking off the face plate, the more dust will get in as the seal gets broken.
    03-25-09 11:30 AM
    FYI - the more you mess around with taking off the face plate, the more dust will get in as the seal gets broken.

LOL you should see this peice of dust under my screen....its more like a rock hehe!

03-25-09 11:32 AM
    Bump for any more suggestions lol....probly just end up living with it myself.

03-25-09 12:08 PM
    Wish RIM would just design a BB lint roller (for under screens of course.) Or just seal 'em airtight...
    03-25-09 02:48 PM
    1) turn on shower get it real steamy.

2) enter bathroom with device ready to be taken apart.

3) use canned air and spray the screen.

4) put device back together before leaving room.

* steam helps dust in the air settle. ** Do not do this for a long period of time, as the steam may cause water damage indicators to show their true colors. It will take a while but just a head up.

I have done this twice doing case changes and works well.
    03-25-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD