Alright, I've found a lot of threads regarding this, and one of the problems is that most of them seem to reference each other without links or the entire set of instructions... so, I'll ask in the hopes someone can explain.

I have 4 emails set up through my BB. None of them are enterprise accounts and are not syncing through exchange. I have Outlook 2007, and one Calendar. Now, for some reason, BB doesn't have an option to only use one Calendar that I've found, except one of the threads I read mentioned being able to delete the CICAL entries for all but one account.

My problem is that for some reason, my BB keeps trying to duplicate appointments.

I've found that if you set your messaging (CMIME) and your calendar (CICAL) under default services, and then go to your calendar options and type rset to reset them, it will wipe them, and on next sync, all will be well with the universe...

I believe the duplicate entries came this time after I reloaded the OS and after the first sync and restore the wrong calendar was set to default, however, I want to be sure I don't run into this again, and that I know what I am doing and why.

Can anyone either clarify exactly what CICAL and CMIME are, if there's a way to remove all but one entry, or a way to use the calendar without any entries at all, and finally, what it is that setting the default calendars and rset'ing and all this stuff is doing... Also, does setting the CMIME to one account effect anything besides the calendar (i.e. will I still get Facebook notifications if I set my own businesses email as default and my Facebook account is on a different personal email account.)

I've looked through the help, and as I said, I picked through about half a dozen posts before deciding I would just ask for some help / clarification...

So, what's with this?

Thanks!
    02-06-09 10:44 PM
    S/MIME stands for Secure Multi-Purpose Internet Mail Extensions. It controls encrypted emails, and as far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that service book is necessary to receive emails for that account, as transmissions from the BIS to your BB are encrypted.

CICAL is the service book type for your calendars on your BB. If you only have one calendar, then it should be safe to delete those service books; however, this shouldn't be necessary because if there is no calendar information from that account it shouldn't be creating calendar entries for it.

You said you recently reloaded your OS; did you update to 4.5? If so, check your appointments and see if the times on them were altered. One notable occurance is all day appointments sometimes get changed to 7am to 7am. If this is the case it will cause them to show up as two (seemingly) duplicate entries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 06:50 AM
    Alright, I've found a lot of threads regarding this, and one of the problems is that most of them seem to reference each other without links or the entire set of instructions... so, I'll ask in the hopes someone can explain.

I have 4 emails set up through my BB. None of them are enterprise accounts and are not syncing through exchange. I have Outlook 2007, and one Calendar. Now, for some reason, BB doesn't have an option to only use one Calendar that I've found, except one of the threads I read mentioned being able to delete the CICAL entries for all but one account.

My problem is that for some reason, my BB keeps trying to duplicate appointments.

I've found that if you set your messaging (CMIME) and your calendar (CICAL) under default services, and then go to your calendar options and type rset to reset them, it will wipe them, and on next sync, all will be well with the universe...

I believe the duplicate entries came this time after I reloaded the OS and after the first sync and restore the wrong calendar was set to default, however, I want to be sure I don't run into this again, and that I know what I am doing and why.

Can anyone either clarify exactly what CICAL and CMIME are, if there's a way to remove all but one entry, or a way to use the calendar without any entries at all, and finally, what it is that setting the default calendars and rset'ing and all this stuff is doing... Also, does setting the CMIME to one account effect anything besides the calendar (i.e. will I still get Facebook notifications if I set my own businesses email as default and my Facebook account is on a different personal email account.)

I've looked through the help, and as I said, I picked through about half a dozen posts before deciding I would just ask for some help / clarification...

So, what's with this?

Thanks!
    I'm having the same issues using a storm. I sync a Pearl and a Storm to both a work and home computer. I don't have the problem with the Pearl because I don't use that for internet or email. But the Storm has multiple, multiple entries.

I don't seem to have an option in the calendar to reset. Have you tried anything and did it work?
    02-08-09 10:12 PM
    the dup entries and the calendar changing all day events to set times just plain makes the BB cal with OUtlook a pain in the tail to work with.

I just did the 4.5.131 upgrade and my calendar is not hosed.

Not happy!
    02-09-09 02:09 AM
    Genius! Solved my problems!!
    02-10-09 01:40 PM
    S/MIME stands for Secure Multi-Purpose Internet Mail Extensions. It controls encrypted emails, and as far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that service book is necessary to receive emails for that account, as transmissions from the BIS to your BB are encrypted.

CICAL is the service book type for your calendars on your BB. If you only have one calendar, then it should be safe to delete those service books; however, this shouldn't be necessary because if there is no calendar information from that account it shouldn't be creating calendar entries for it.

You said you recently reloaded your OS; did you update to 4.5? If so, check your appointments and see if the times on them were altered. One notable occurance is all day appointments sometimes get changed to 7am to 7am. If this is the case it will cause them to show up as two (seemingly) duplicate entries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, it alters the times of all day appointments. Is there any way to avoid this? Any easy way to switch them back? This is a major bug.
    02-14-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD