Hey guys, I was looking into different new housings for my 8320 and I was wondering if anybody has thought about this before. In cellphone stores, there are those display phones where it's only purpose it serves is to just display as what the phone would look like, however..is the housing itself OEM? If I am able to get hold of one of these dummy phones, would I be able to replace the housing to my blackberry?
    10-04-09 05:43 PM
    Usually not, they're a very cheap plastic and the screen is built in so busting the screen out would crack the "case." They don't have the heft to be a real body for a phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 06:23 PM
    they are a good representation of the real thing, but assembled totally different from totally different, non-working parts and are basically junk. dont be cheap, get some quality housings from somewhere like cnn.cn or another parts website. also, dummy phones usually cost as much as replacement housings, usually $20-40. so just use that money on a real replacement housing.
    10-04-09 07:52 PM
    haha it was just a random question..I just purchased a full housing set up for my phone and it should be arriving any day now. Will post up pics as soon as the new transformation is complete!
    10-05-09 08:42 PM
    I like your thinking!
    10-05-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD