Ok..being a newbie to the BB and a rollover from Windows Mobile, why would anyone post there PIN on a public forum?? Seems like an invite for trouble.
    05-16-08 06:53 PM
    you have to accept the person and you can delete them if you want
    05-16-08 06:55 PM
    I wouldn't say it's a dumb question. Some people just dont mind having their PIN up whilst others would rather not.
    05-16-08 06:57 PM
    You asked the question,so it's no longer a dumb question
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-16-08 07:10 PM
    You asked the question,so it's no longer a dumb question
    Welcome to the Crack!
    I agree..........
    05-16-08 07:51 PM
    not dumb at all. I don't post mine because I don't want add requests; however, if others use messenger to talk to anyone and everyone (like going to a chat room), then post away!
    05-16-08 07:53 PM
    your avatar, is that Saddam Hussein disguise as Rosie O"Donnell?
    05-17-08 12:11 AM
    If you dont want them dont accept them. and welcome to CB.
    05-17-08 12:13 AM
    Yes its Rosie Hussein...lol
    05-18-08 09:34 PM
    Is there any app that will let me run a JAD file from the sd card?
    05-18-08 09:37 PM
    When it is about a blackberry, it can never be a dumb question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 09:57 PM
    Actually that's not Rosie Hussein. It's Rosie/Khalid Sheik Mohammed. Although Rosie might actually have that much back hair...
    05-18-08 10:08 PM
    Remember... There are no dumb quations, just dumb people.

Welcome to what will soon be your "other" family. LOL

05-18-08 11:01 PM
    Gmpblack, your PIN is a harware identifier for your device. It allows you to use PIN messaging and BB Messenger to message other BlackBerry users. Only your BB admin could do any damage with it, really, and they can simply look it up on the server, if they really wanted to. It's not like posting your IMEI #.

PIN messaging uses very small amounts of data, so it doesn't cost you any SMS text messages.

I get PIN requests from lots of folks who have BlackBerry questions, and I help them out. Some people prefer to keep theirs private.

05-18-08 11:32 PM
    Gmpblack, your PIN is a harware identifier for your device. It allows you to use PIN messaging and BB Messenger to message other BlackBerry users. Only your BB admin could do any damage with it, really, and they can simply look it up on the server, if they really wanted to. It's not like posting your IMEI #.

PIN messaging uses very small amounts of data, so it doesn't cost you any SMS text messages.

I get PIN requests from lots of folks who have BlackBerry questions, and I help them out. Some people prefer to keep theirs private.

Thanks for the real answer rrrebo....makes me feel better about giving it out.
    And yes i think this will become my second home.
    05-19-08 08:39 PM
    I have 2 question...both are dumb.

1. I just want to re-verify that VZW will not charge me for sending or receiving PIN messages. Correct?

2. I can't believe I have to ask this...but where in the heck do I go to raise/lower the ringer volume? I know I've seen it somewhere before, but I'm just not seeing it tonight.

(is just one of those nights for me)

Thanks!
    05-19-08 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the real answer rrrebo....makes me feel better about giving it out.
    And yes i think this will become my second home.
    Welcome to The Crack, gmpblack!
    Check out the FAQ!
    If answers you lack,
    we gotchyer back!
    05-20-08 08:52 AM
    Always remember: There is no such thing as a dumb question; just dumb people who ask questions... Just a little humor.
    05-20-08 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD