I know this is a dupe but I am unable to remove it from the other forum.. I currently have two phones, one for work and one for personal usage. I am trying to see if its possible, with the Verizon service, to have two numbers simultaneously active on either the blackberry curve, 8703e or the 7130e. I believe this is known as a Dual-Nam setup. Obviously the numbers would be on two seperate verizon accounts.

I have read that this has been possible in the past, however one would have to activate a number if he wanted to use it, which is kind of pointless in my opinion.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    06-03-08 12:21 PM
    I am also curious as I have the same exact issue!

I just wonder if an outgoing call is made from the phone, which account does it bill against.
    06-03-08 08:33 PM
    I know the curve is designed with the capability to have two numbers assigned to it and you can choose which one to have active. I would imagine other phones are the same.

I would be surprised, though, if you can have different numbers from different accounts assigned to the phone. I also can't imagine many workplaces allowing this. However, anything is possible. You best bet would be to contact your service provider to see if you can link another number to your blackberry and then check with your place of work to see if they'll let you.
    06-03-08 11:14 PM
    Couldn't you use call forwarding?
    06-03-08 11:32 PM
    Well I don't want to use call forwarding because I have text messaging for that number and not for my work number. I guess i'll just call eventually, I know my place of work will already allow it. I was just wondering if anyone knew the exact details of what I could and could not do. thanks for the replies
    06-04-08 08:19 AM
    By the way....are there any conclusion regarding this case? DUAL NAM for 8330...
    06-30-09 03:19 AM
    with sprint i am told you can't use dual NAM because of cdma i don't understand all this but i am needing 2 lines on one phone with different area codes. not looking like i am going to accomplish it!
    07-06-09 02:28 PM
    with sprint i am told you can't use dual NAM because of cdma i don't understand all this but i am needing 2 lines on one phone with different area codes. not looking like i am going to accomplish it!
    Hey its possible to use 2 numbers on 8330 but u have to use 2 different service provider...
    07-11-09 06:53 AM
    Technically speaking, most modern-day phones are dual-nam capable. That being said, most carriers won't allowit for a multitude of reasons.

Verizon won't. You have one number per device. There are just too many potential screwups for it. If you really want two numbers, you can have two phones and use call forwarding as someone mentioned, or, you could do an ESN change if need be. However, if you call *611 you could be charged after X amount of times if you do an ESN change on a frequent basis.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 07:09 AM
    just use something like google talk where you give out one phone number and it rings to whatever numbers you want?
    07-11-09 03:23 PM
    Hey its possible to use 2 numbers on 8330 but u have to use 2 different service provider...
    I am able to set two number different operator in CDMA phones which has two lines. But I need to know the NAM / LINE setting in 8330 since I can't find it. So do you know the setting?
    07-30-09 10:22 PM
    Can you explain or message me the details?
    02-03-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD