I dropped my curve on the concrete a couple of days ago and now my phone isn't reading my sd card. I've done a batter pull and pulled the sd card out as I did the battery pull and I still can't access it. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 03:08 PM
    maybe try another card and see if it reads it... otherwise you may be SOL.
    02-21-10 03:12 PM
    Can you read the card in another BlackBerry, or in a PC using an adapter? If you can, the card holder in your BlackBerry was probably damaged by the impact. If you have insurance, that would be covered. It would not be covered by warranty. It's unlikely the card itself is damaged. An impact hard enough to damage an SD card would have to completely smash the BlackBerry.
    02-21-10 03:14 PM
    I haven't tried it with the adaptor. I went into the options and it said I had to format it...so maybe its reading it? I dunno, I don't want to reformat it because it would delete what's on it right?

02-21-10 03:25 PM
    Yes, formatting it will erase the contents, just like on a disk. Try it in another device before you do that.
    02-21-10 03:27 PM
    I haven't tried it with the adaptor. I went into the options and it said I had to format it...so maybe its reading it? I dunno, I don't want to reformat it because it would delete what's on it right?

Then put the card in an adapter, plug it into the SD slot on your computer, transfer thr data to your hard drive, then reformat your media card. When you've done so successfully, transfer the data back to your media card.

02-21-10 03:29 PM
    Yeah, that was my plan...just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I didn't lose everything.

02-21-10 03:37 PM
    Great advise you're getting...I would add that to prevent this in the future, consider getting a body glove for your phone.

I was at a Phillies playoff game this past year and a buddy of mine accidentally knocked my phone out of my hand and it hit the concrete floor of the row in front of me. I almost had a breakdown until I picked it up and figured out everything was fine...still working great!

02-21-10 03:45 PM
    yeah, now my computer wont read the card either. im guessing the card is done for. oh well. thanks for the help. and im actually kind of impressed at how durable the phone is. i say this, and next time i drop it it'll be broken, but ive dropped it several times straight to the ground and i only have a couple of scratches...and other than my SD card not reading, i will always love the blackberry. thanks again. i love this site haha
    02-21-10 05:34 PM
    Try formatting the card, they tend to get corrupted and crap out like this. You'll still lose your data, but the SD card might be ok still. Flash memory is not quite as stable as a physical drive just yet.

02-21-10 11:30 PM
    There are lots of free programs that can try to save data from damaged drives, google file recovery or something and if you haven't formatted the card yet you could try recover the files.

02-22-10 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD