Well, I guess it had to happen sooner than later. Less than two weeks of being a proud Curve owner and today I dropped it in Best Buy. It hit the floor... the Seidio rubberized hard case came off... and the poor thing slid about a foot on its battery cover. Only came away with a minor scratch, but still... I know everyone knows what I'm talking about. I guess it could've always been worse, right? Good thing I have the Seidio case, that's for sure.

CC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 12:40 AM
    The first fall is the hardest. It just like getting that first door ding in a new car. Good thing for the case!

08-10-08 12:46 AM
    The first fall is the hardest. It just like getting that first door ding in a new car. Good thing for the case!

What good was the case when the phone came out of it anyway and still proceeded to slide across the floor?
    08-10-08 12:53 AM
    This random chick wanted to see my phone a few weeks ago and dropped it down 2 flights of stairs... Still worked fine but was all scratched up! Got new housing for it a few days ago and now it looks brand new again.
    08-10-08 12:53 AM
    dang... it's always tough dropping your berry... it never seems to get any easier
    08-10-08 12:59 AM
    Couple days ago I was getting out of my car patting my pockets with 1 hand lookin for my phone and throwing my door closed with the other. As soon as I realized my phone was no longer in my pockets, I realized something was in the way when I tried to close my car door. I'll leave it to you all to figure out what was in the way of my door closing ;(

No scratches though, as it was in the pouch. No notciable damage either(still works great).

08-10-08 01:00 AM
    This random chick wanted to see my phone a few weeks ago and dropped it down 2 flights of stairs... Still worked fine but was all scratched up! Got new housing for it a few days ago and now it looks brand new again.

lol
    now that just sucks...
    08-10-08 01:01 AM
    Well, I guess it had to happen sooner than later. Less than two weeks of being a proud Curve owner and today I dropped it in Best Buy. It hit the floor... the Seidio rubberized hard case came off... and the poor thing slid about a foot on its battery cover. Only came away with a minor scratch, but still... I know everyone knows what I'm talking about. I guess it could've always been worse, right? Good thing I have the Seidio case, that's for sure.

CC

Could have been worse. The first time I had to watch my Curve fall and hit the floor it was my wife dropping it!!!

If you drop it yourself for the first time you feel bad. If somebody else drops it you get MAD!

08-10-08 01:02 AM
    Couple days ago I was getting out of my car patting my pockets with 1 hand lookin for my phone and throwing my door closed with the other. As soon as I realized my phone was no longer in my pockets, I realized something was in the way when I tried to close my car door. I'll leave it to you all to figure out what was in the way of my door closing ;(

No scratches though, as it was in the pouch. No notciable damage either(still works great).

I would say you were fortunate; could have been worse. Then we'd be reading a post like, "My Car Door Killed My Berry!
    08-10-08 01:02 AM
    Hah can only charge the door with attempted murdewr at this point. Big heavy metal doors that are saggin a little bit, so I gotta slam the door pretty hard to get it to close all the way!

BB to be the next doorstopper

08-10-08 01:04 AM
    I have dropped my Curve so many times I don't even worry about
    it anymore. The last time was on a lit BBQ grill. The case
    absorbed the harm.
    08-10-08 01:14 AM
    I can say I'm a proud Curve owner for over 2 months, and I've never dropped my phone luckily.

My last phone I had a habit of leaving my phone in my lap while in the car and getting up with it on my lap and having it fall outta the car. Very bad!

Luckily I've never dropped this thing tho.
    08-10-08 01:14 AM
    Hah simeon, I still do this all the time but just the pouch, my phone is normally in my hand or pocket.

08-10-08 01:18 AM
    I dropped mine in a bowl of dog food from waist height the other night and I had the hard case on for once.

But I still almost cried.
    08-10-08 01:33 AM
    Talk about painful.. I just defected from Treo to BB. I've had my Curve for 6 days... and today, my daughter flipped it into a pool.
    I watched it in slo-mo sink to the bottom of the pool. I think it's DOA... (but at least it still looks like new, no scratches!) =)
    08-10-08 01:49 AM
    OMG these horror stories are making me light-headed! Knock on wood, I've never dropped or scratched my Curve. Or any phone/pda/ipod, for that matter. I've been super careful and just had dumb luck I guess!

CC.. I can't believe it, poor guy, seems like just yesterday you got your Curve! Glad it's okay though! My husband has that same case, good to know it somewhat helped!

08-10-08 02:01 AM
    The first drop is the worst. After that, you usually tend to drop it more and not care as much...
    08-10-08 02:09 AM
    glad i got a rubberized case, i still haven't gotten a scratch but i'm dreading when that day comes :-(
    08-10-08 02:20 AM
    Talk about painful.. I just defected from Treo to BB. I've had my Curve for 6 days... and today, my daughter flipped it into a pool.
    I watched it in slo-mo sink to the bottom of the pool. I think it's DOA... (but at least it still looks like new, no scratches!) =)
    I cant even begin to imagine how i would feel if one of my kids did something like that. If it was a stranger it would be easy...kill'em.
    08-10-08 02:51 AM
    I have the seidio soft touch case. Customer was lookin at my phone at work and was askin about the case. I said it absorbs the impact of drops and the guy dropped it on the tile floor! My jaw dropped when he did that. Thankfully the case did what it was supposed to do. Phone is just fine!

08-10-08 02:54 AM
    I have the seidio soft touch case. Customer was lookin at my phone at work and was askin about the case. I said it absorbs the impact of drops and the guy dropped it on the tile floor! My jaw dropped when he did that. Thankfully the case did what it was supposed to do. Phone is just fine!

Ummm....did he drop it on purpose? Had it broke, what would you have done?
    This is the main reason I dont hand my electronics over to no one- you want to see it, get your own.
    08-10-08 03:08 AM
    I cant even begin to imagine how i would feel if one of my kids did something like that. If it was a stranger it would be easy...kill'em.
    Cant do that to the kids?
    08-10-08 03:09 AM
    Cant do that to the kids?
    Well, I dont have kids so I guess in my case I just might.

Its like Bill Cosby said "I brought you into this world, I can take you out"
    08-10-08 03:24 AM
    I just dropped my 6 day old curve coming out of work with an arm full of stuff...onto the street...in the rain! Thank god it was in its pouch though...not a scratch!

08-10-08 10:00 AM
    I have never gotten a scratch on my Curve... I have dropped it though. The worst was when I was going to end a phone call and my rubber skin case got a bit stuck in my hair, and i pulled the phone away from my head... Needless to say the phone kinda flipped out of my hand and landed 3 feet away in a crowded mall. Someone almost stepped on it, but I guess he valued his life so he did a little jump over it.

Rubber case + screen protector = good, unless you get some hair in between your hand and the case..
    08-10-08 10:12 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD