oh excuse me i meant to say magenta
    HEY!!! Magenta and Red are 2 different colors..
    epson 87 cartridge - Google Product Search

See.. there is a RED one and a MAGENTA one
    04-22-09 11:04 AM
    Chrisy meant to say put it in a bag of dried RICE. ... Chrisy, when I get a chance, I'm going to find a bag of dried "rive" ...

Google search for dried Rive.. that is the 8th link down HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA they do get to work fast dont they
    I knew exactly what Chrisy meant; hence the smilie at the end of my post.
    04-22-09 11:06 AM
    When we say Dried Rice, is this cooked or uncooked?
    If you cook it, it wont be "dry" any more.
    04-22-09 11:08 AM
    As a former systems design engineer I'd suggest, if you drop it in the toilet again, remove battery soon as possible, then put the whole phone with battery, keyboard facing down, inside of your clothes dryer on one of those racks in the middle (like for sweaters) that doesn't toss it around. Put it on lowest heat for a couple hours. If any sign of moisture then do it for another hour, keys facing down. Let it come to room temp before powering on.

If that doesn't work then you should have gotten an insurance policy on that $500 phone.
    Thats not an idea you'll read about around these parts. It'll always be rice; besides....someone will definitely do some more damage putting it in a dryer. You want to suck the moisture OUT not heat up and cause moisture again as it starts to cool down.
    04-22-09 11:11 AM
    I knew exactly what Chrisy meant; hence the smilie at the end of my post.
    Hey... now that is a misquote if ever i have seen one lol...

Thats not an idea you'll read about around these parts. It'll always be rice; besides....someone will definitely do some more damage putting it in a dryer. You want to suck the moisture OUT not heat up and cause moisture again as it starts to cool down.

could always put it in a vaccuum chamber... that is if you have one laying around at home
    04-22-09 11:17 AM
    For the folks that don't have rice, uncooked pasta works, too. Macaroni is pretty good, avoid the smaller types that break easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-22-09 at 11:44 AM.
    04-22-09 11:32 AM
    my BB 9000 is in a box of rice now...dropped it in the toilet, twice, then just stuffed it in my pocket and walked off, didnt realise till the next evening...

chances of surviving are...???
    09-08-10 08:11 AM
    you can also wrap it in a dry towel, place it on a cookie sheet and bake in the over at 175 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. sound like a bad idea but you get your phone back in no time.
    09-08-10 11:08 AM
    When you put a Berry in a bag of dried rice, do you do it with the battery cover off? Is the bag supposed to zipped? Is there a danger of the bits of rice getting inside the BlackBerry?
    09-08-10 11:35 AM
    So... dropped it in water the other night... and no I did not immediately remove the battery... I didn't do anything until the next morning, because well, I was incapable of doing anything. So... I took another battery I have and the phone powers on and holds a charge, I am still receiving text messages and phone calls and whatnot, but I can't do anything with the key pad. It just doesn't work. My trackball works... but I can't click on anything with my trackball. Now the key pad seems to be the only problem... is there any way to fix this?
    Very important for people to remember. If you ever get your phone submerged in water. Pull the batter, leave the batter cover off and put it some place warm for at least 24 hours. I'd say long to be safe.

I have done it twice after canoing trips gone wrong and both times I was able to save my phone.

The time I jumped in the lake with my phone in my pocket didn't turn out so well. But that is because I tried to use it while the screen still showed the phone as very wet still.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 12:31 PM
    1. Pull Battery.
    2. Place in a bowl of rice.
    3. Leave it in a bowl of rice.
    4. LEAVE IT THERE!!
    5. Let air dry for a few days.

Mine after it was water damaged, the rice cleared out the water from the screen really well. To get the keyboard and trackball working again, it took about a week of air drying. Worked great after that. And then....I sold it on craigslist (full disclosure of course!).
    09-08-10 05:55 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD