Hey, sorry if this has already been posted but I tried searching for it and couldn't find anything. I just got a BlackBerry Curve for Verizon and it doesn't have BBMaps on it. I went to the BB site on my phone to download it but it told me my device was not compatible. If i try to download it on my computer to install thru DM it tells me "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry� smartphone." I'm running OS4.5 and any help would be amazing because this is driving me crazy lol
    08-03-09 07:30 PM
    Search on "unlocking verizon gps" on this site. It has been discussed before. You can get that feature unlocked by Verizon now. I am not a Verizon customer so that is the best I can tell you.
    08-03-09 11:49 PM
    If Google Maps will run on your phone, it'll probably be a better program to use. I find it much more sophisticated and it runs very fast.
    08-03-09 11:55 PM
    There is no unlocking involved to get GPS working on BB Maps or VZNav.

All you need to do is download a version of your OS that you are running on your BB to your computer and install it. If you are running a stock 8330 from Verizon, that would be 4.5.0.77

Go to verizonwireless.com and navigate through the support links till you get to software for Blackberry.

Once you download and install the OS, plug your BB in to a usb port and open Desktop Manager, open the Application Loader wizard. Check off Blackberry Maps and click Next to load it on your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD