I've scoured the forums looking for some help on my Curve. For some reason I can no longer apply themes to my berry...I read this thread:

Hey guys, I'm not really sure if anyone else is having this problem but I get all the way thru downloading the themes on my bb and I go into m� options, and then click theme to set it... And its not there to click on... Anyone know why? I look in my apps and it shows it was saved to my phone... I just have no idea hwere
    I am in the same boat. I can see the downloaded themes in my apps but they are not visible when I go to my 'theme loader'. As per the advice in the above thread I've tried a number of battery pulls but with no luck. I have had themes loaded in the past, but after I deleted a couple of different applications my phone reset itself and have not been able to get the themes back since then. I also verified that the themes were for my phone model; in fact a theme that I was using before still shows up on my BB desktop software and loads but again does not show up.

Any suggestions?
    06-03-09 07:56 AM
    The reason the theme doesn't show up under Options > Theme, is because the theme is either not for your device, or your OS.

Click on the theme in the app list to check the device and OS. You should see something like this:

Attachment 26529
    06-03-09 08:22 AM
    Correct WNM, it's one or the other, wrong device or OS...
    06-03-09 08:26 AM
    That's what I've read as well so I did verify the Theme...however, this is what it says in the theme:
    Precision_L_Stormlike_83xxOS4.5 and my BB software says it is Version 4.5.0

Now I'm really confused!?

Update:
    I downloaded another new theme...verified that they match and still nothing. Time to cry.
    Last edited by irishcarpenter; 06-03-09 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Update
    06-03-09 10:06 AM
    Could it be that I changed some permission settings that would restrict my ability to use themes...a couple of days ago I deleted my browser, battery pull and changed some setting to 'deny'...??
    06-03-09 06:12 PM
    You changed some settings to 'Deny' or the phone did? Try resetting all your options back to how they were, and possibly that will give you a fix.
    06-03-09 07:27 PM
    OK, so i decided to wipe my BB. As it was starting up it displayed "Permission settings have become more restrictive. The device must be reset to fully apply the new settings."

Does this mean that I have changed some settings...or is this normal. I made the assumption that wiping would bring everything back to 'factory fresh."
    06-04-09 10:43 AM
    I am having the same problem with my bb bold now. The themes are compatible, have checked that by downloading a few different themes especially for the bold and the same problem with all of them. They appear in the application list but i cant select them to apply them from the themes screen.

I would really like to get this sorted out because its kind of driving crazy now.

Have you had any luck since your last post???
    06-11-09 02:54 PM
    I have that problem in the past and i installed the O.S again and work. Why don't you try that my men?.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 03:48 PM
    Hey,

I think ill try that but I have never done anything like that to my bb before (its fairly new).

How would i go about doing this?
    Also, will it have any effect on applications i have installed?
    Will all my information still be available after ive done it?

Thanks...
    06-11-09 04:25 PM
    I am having the same problem with my bb bold now. The themes are compatible, have checked that by downloading a few different themes especially for the bold and the same problem with all of them. They appear in the application list but i cant select them to apply them from the themes screen.

I would really like to get this sorted out because its kind of driving crazy now.

Have you had any luck since your last post???
    I have actually solved the problem that I initially posted. It appears that I was only downloading the .alx files via BB desktop software and it wasn't activating properly. What i finally ended up doing is getting OTA themes downloaded to my BB. From there I went into my applications, opened the theme, located the .jad file and activated the theme from there. Once I went back to my 'Theme' menu it was available for use.

Let me know if this helps or if you would like me to go into more detail.

Good luck!
    06-12-09 08:58 AM
    I think we all assumed that they were OTA downloads.
    06-12-09 09:08 AM
    I think we all assumed that they were OTA downloads.
    The first ones I attempted weren't...but I should have clarified that in my posts. Probably would have resolved the situation much quicker!

That's whats great about hindsight!
    06-12-09 09:15 AM
    I have actually solved the problem that I initially posted. It appears that I was only downloading the .alx files via BB desktop software and it wasn't activating properly. What i finally ended up doing is getting OTA themes downloaded to my BB. From there I went into my applications, opened the theme, located the .jad file and activated the theme from there. Once I went back to my 'Theme' menu it was available for use.

Let me know if this helps or if you would like me to go into more detail.

Good luck!
    Hi, I dont really understand how you do this. Ive since reinstalled my OS hoping that it would work but it didnt. In my applications menu I cant "open" any theme. All i can do is mess with the permissions. Also I dont know what a .jad file - Ive never heard of this before. I had this theme working on my BB before but I did something to my BB and it reset itself to the precision theme - maybe this matters? I tried to reinstall the theme (which i bought from crackberry i think) but it never worked again.

Im fairly new to the BB stuff so if you could simplify it for me id really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!
    06-16-09 10:45 AM
    my blackberry isnt loading jad files from pc...it only supports alx files...how can i upload jad files on my bb 8900?
    i will be thankful
    11-10-09 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD