Download SMS Messages to PC
01-11-13 11:28 AM
- I am looking for a way to download all my saved SMS messages on my curve to my PC so I can print them. I used to have a Motorola Q and I found a software called Jeyo that did this phenomenally using Outlook. Any suggestions for something similar for a Blackberry Curve 8330?10-06-08 12:49 PM
- jeffhRetired Moderator10-06-08 11:22 PM
- I use dexRex aswell. Works great! On Blackberry it only logs SmS but bbm and wlm support it coming.
The best way to get existing ones off is to email them.
I'd download dexrex for the future though. I have it on my computer too.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-07-08 09:47 AM
- You can use the Desktop manager software to download the sms messages to a PC.
If you go to Backup & Restore and click on the advanced tab, you can select only the sms messages to be backed up.
Then do a full backup, rename the .ipd file into .txt and open it. It will contain the sms texts & info.
Another way is to use the ABC AMBER commercial software and once you create a backup of the device, open the .ipd file using that software.
This will allow you to completely manage the sms messages.10-27-08 11:57 AMLike 1
- I'm using this new freebie thanks to the berryreview:
SMS2Desk for BlackBerry – Free App Lets You Forward & Reply To SMS From Your PC | BerryReview.com
TPCBBB02-18-09 12:31 PM
- I found a cool program that does EXACTLY that and it does it super easily and super well at Pleasant Solutions. Its called "BerryExtract".
On their website they say:
A simple program that lets you save your BlackBerry text messages (SMS) to Windows text or Excel files so you can save, paste, or search them easily. It's a Windows program so no BlackBerry installs needed. It can also get deleted texts from backups.
Did the trick and saved me tons of time, my blackberry works faster now that I was able to extract the text messages and delete them.05-11-10 05:53 PM
- I tried downloading my sms messages using Berry Extract and another program... none of them worked. ABC Amber Blackberry works great, is super easy, and quick. I highly recommend using this program and not wasting your time with others. Also you can't alter the sms messages, so it you need them for legal issues this program is awesome!!!11-22-10 11:31 AM
- To download SMS message text to a PC (one by one- not the whole phone memory SMS data), you can go to the message and left select "Start Selection", swipe down to select the text you want to save, "copy", escape (right escape button), then open a new "MemoPad" item, name it, cursor into the text entry window and "paste", then save the memo.
Using the Blackberry Desktop interface with Outlook, the memo can be read as "notes" . Open the note, select the text and copy to a desktop computer text file.01-11-13 11:28 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 83xx
Download SMS Messages to PC
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD