I am looking for a way to download all my saved SMS messages on my curve to my PC so I can print them. I used to have a Motorola Q and I found a software called Jeyo that did this phenomenally using Outlook. Any suggestions for something similar for a Blackberry Curve 8330?
    10-06-08 12:49 PM
    I use a website called https://www.dexrex.com/Browse but it only works for messages sent and recieved after you install it.
    10-06-08 01:41 PM
    does dexrex work for sms, from the site it looks like it only logs IMs
    10-06-08 02:14 PM
    You are right there are a few out there that send them to an email after you install. I sure hope I can find a solution. Need this to get to these messages for legal purposes.
    10-06-08 07:33 PM
    I am using a Curve 8320 and running OS 4.5.0.81 and when I open a SMS and click the menu key I am given the choice to FORWARD AS:Email, MMS, PIN, SMS Text. I just tried it and it works fine. You can then print them.
    10-06-08 08:14 PM
    You are right there are a few out there that send them to an email after you install. I sure hope I can find a solution. Need this to get to these messages for legal purposes.
    You should make a backup before you do anything else. Text messages are deleted with no warning and no possibility of retrieval when your device's memory gets low. It is very unwise to use text messages for anything that needs to be permanent. Email is your safer solution.
    10-06-08 11:22 PM
    when you back up it automatically does it, but a program called ABC Amber Blackberry Converter takes whatever (I mainly use it for sms and mms) and converts it to whatever you'd like. You can do it to where each sms is one page in a pdf document
    10-07-08 12:03 AM
    I use dexRex aswell. Works great! On Blackberry it only logs SmS but bbm and wlm support it coming.

The best way to get existing ones off is to email them.

I'd download dexrex for the future though. I have it on my computer too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 09:47 AM
    You can use the Desktop manager software to download the sms messages to a PC.

If you go to Backup & Restore and click on the advanced tab, you can select only the sms messages to be backed up.
    Then do a full backup, rename the .ipd file into .txt and open it. It will contain the sms texts & info.

Another way is to use the ABC AMBER commercial software and once you create a backup of the device, open the .ipd file using that software.

This will allow you to completely manage the sms messages.
    cateyes602 likes this.
    10-27-08 11:57 AM
    02-18-09 12:31 PM
    Is dexrex a free app?
    07-08-09 11:41 AM
    I'm sorry if someone else posted this but I don't have time to check! lol If you want a log of texts sent right to your email a great free app is Cortado SMS2Desk its free and a great app. Hope this helps someone! Again sorry if this is already posted!
    09-02-09 06:31 PM
    I found a cool program that does EXACTLY that and it does it super easily and super well at Pleasant Solutions. Its called "BerryExtract".

On their website they say:
    A simple program that lets you save your BlackBerry text messages (SMS) to Windows text or Excel files so you can save, paste, or search them easily. It's a Windows program so no BlackBerry installs needed. It can also get deleted texts from backups.

Did the trick and saved me tons of time, my blackberry works faster now that I was able to extract the text messages and delete them.
    05-11-10 05:53 PM
    I tried downloading my sms messages using Berry Extract and another program... none of them worked. ABC Amber Blackberry works great, is super easy, and quick. I highly recommend using this program and not wasting your time with others. Also you can't alter the sms messages, so it you need them for legal issues this program is awesome!!!
    11-22-10 11:31 AM
    To download SMS message text to a PC (one by one- not the whole phone memory SMS data), you can go to the message and left select "Start Selection", swipe down to select the text you want to save, "copy", escape (right escape button), then open a new "MemoPad" item, name it, cursor into the text entry window and "paste", then save the memo.

Using the Blackberry Desktop interface with Outlook, the memo can be read as "notes" . Open the note, select the text and copy to a desktop computer text file.
    01-11-13 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD