hey everybody i got a 8830 from vzw and am trying to download the 4.5 frimware but when i go to desktop mgr it doesnt recognize it.it tells me i got the lastest which is 4.2. any suggestions
    02-12-09 04:05 PM
    Are u downloading the OS from verizon wiressless website

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 04:11 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    The reason it is saying you have the latest OS is because it is still on your computer. You have to uninstall the 4.2 after backing up your device and then your DM will recognize the later OS.

Personally I use CrackMem to upgrade as it allows you to pick which OS to install, deletes the vendor file and other things that you may not want. Check it out, it is linked in my sig along with proper upgrade procedures.

~Jazzi~

02-12-09 04:13 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    The reason it is saying you have the latest OS is because it is still on your computer. You have to uninstall the 4.2 after backing up your device and then your DM will recognize the later OS.

Personally I use CrackMem to upgrade as it allows you to pick which OS to install, deletes the vendor file and other things that you may not want. Check it out, it is linked in my sig along with proper upgrade procedures.

~Jazzi~

i dont see the 4.2 in my add/remove programs i see 4.5 though
    02-12-09 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD