I want to download OS 4.5 to my device only, but the websites say you have to download it do your desktop as well. I have an iMac and we all know the issue with that. Can I not just download it straight to my Blackberry?

Also, the program size is 82 MB but the 8310 has a RAM of 64 MB. Isn't it too big?

HELP!
    02-03-09 05:59 PM
    First. You have to download it to your phone. From what my carrier told me, only customers with bes get OTA OS upgrades.

And make sure that you are downloading the OS for an 8310 not any other device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 06:01 PM
    Oh and if you are looking at the website download page where the OS is located, it says a file size but that's the size that will be downloaded to the computer..

02-03-09 06:03 PM
    ^ Much appreciated.

But what is bes?

So I can go ahead and pull the trigger with the download and forget about the desktop step? I'm getting ready to move forward on this..
    02-03-09 06:07 PM
    Bes- your have a corporate (work phone)..

And yes u need a pc. Try googleing updating blackberry OS with imac on googel

02-03-09 06:10 PM
    ^ Ahh, I see.

Well, it's official. I'm returning this and getting a Bold or iPhone. That one issue alone is enough to tip me towards that decision.

Muchas gracias!
    02-03-09 06:13 PM
    If your not satisfied with it, I would go to the bold.. The iphone sucks IMO

02-03-09 06:16 PM
    ^ I hear ya.

It's not a lack of satisfaction per sae, it's definitely an excellent device. I just want to have the better operating system (see YouTube videos, better browsing, etc) and I can't do that with this thing. Having a Mac is a big problem for a Blackberry owner, even if I switch to Bold. That's why I'm tempted to switch to the iPhone, but I REALLY love Blackberry.

Tough decisions..
    02-03-09 06:19 PM
    ^ I hear ya.

It's not a lack of satisfaction per sae, it's definitely an excellent device. I just want to have the better operating system (see YouTube videos, better browsing, etc) and I can't do that with this thing. Having a Mac is a big problem for a Blackberry owner, even if I switch to Bold. That's why I'm tempted to switch to the iPhone, but I REALLY love Blackberry.

Tough decisions..
    Well, go with the Bold. My gf has an iPhone, and she loves it. However, I still catch her with my Bold when she thinks I am not looking.
    02-03-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD