For anyone who is familiar with the downgrading process, I can't seem to uninstall the Blackberry Firmware from the cell phone. Whenever I go into add or remove programs, it never gives me the option to uninstall the firmware, Windows Vista only gives me the option to remove the Blackberry 5.0.1 Desktop Software.

I hope you can give me valuable information regarding my conflict. Thanks for all the help!
    03-28-10 12:53 PM
    If the device software isn't showing up under Add/Remove Programs, then it isn't installed on your computer.

Just download the version you want to put on your device, install it on your computer and then install it on the device.
    03-28-10 12:59 PM
    Where exactly do I get those downloads from?

Can I download any version onto the computer?
    Last edited by bkheer; 04-03-10 at 12:28 PM.
    04-03-10 12:18 PM
    Where exactly do I get those downloads from?

It depends, what version are you trying to install?

Can I download any version onto the computer?
    Yes, you can install any OS on your 8330 , as long as the software is designed for the device you are trying to load it on and you remove the vendor.xml file before loading it.

Refer to the upgrade/downgrade link in my sig for instructions.
    04-03-10 01:42 PM
    But that means that there aren't any other firmware downloads for the Blackberry 8330 for Boost Mobile. Therefore, I can't downgrade my phone...unless there's a universal firmware that I can download for the Blackberry 8330.

Please help me out guys.
    04-03-10 02:10 PM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

That's the link for Sprint downloads. Download the latest 4.5 software for the 8330 there.

Then follow the upgrade/downgrade link in my sig. But seriously, you don't seem ready (knowledge-wise) to be doing this stuff yet.
    04-03-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD