I was following instructions on how to install this latest OS and could not find a file named "vendor.xml" in the /apploader folder. Instead, I saw a file named "Device.xml". Should I be deleting this file?
    11-17-08 10:46 AM
    I was following instructions on how to install this latest OS and could not find a file named "vendor.xml" in the /apploader folder. Instead, I saw a file named "Device.xml". Should I be deleting this file?
    NO. The file is vendor.xml. Use the search feature in Windows to find it or use a program called Crackmem (you can search for it here) to remove it.
    11-17-08 10:55 AM
    You will find vendor.xml here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

It should be the last file in the directory. However I don't think you have to worry about deleting it. I upgraded to .102 and forgot to delete it and I raised the question here and was told the BB made this file generic in 4.5 so you don't have to worry. But I guess it won't hurt to delete it.
    11-17-08 11:22 AM
    Okay, I messed it up. I deleted the device.xml file because I was impulsive and didn't wait for the answer. The update was completed and there doesn't seem to be an ill effect. However, what if I want to re-install .102? Device Manager says that I don't need an update when I try to do it. (I'll wait for an answer this time!) Do I have to install an earlier OS and then install .102?
    Thanks.
    Mark
    11-17-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD