On my 8320, if you press the dollar sign key, it shows a pop up with some text and a list of different symbols... like

%
    &
    $
    #

something llike that.

I never really paid attentin to that, but right now i accidently pressed that key and pressed enter, and when i press the key again, nothing happens.

what did i just do?
    08-03-08 07:43 PM
    You set the default symb for that key

Options > screen/kb > currency key shud help you change it to what you need again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    andouille likes this.
    08-03-08 07:47 PM
    What does that same key do when you hit alt first? That little speaker.
    08-03-08 08:22 PM
    What does that same key do when you hit alt first? That little speaker.
    Ummm... no.

That would be used to enable Speaker Phone when in a call
    08-03-08 08:29 PM
    Umm no? I was asking what it does.

And thank you.
    08-03-08 08:32 PM
    On my 8320, if you press the dollar sign key, it shows a pop up with some text and a list of different symbols... like

%
    &
    $
    #

something llike that.

I never really paid attentin to that, but right now i accidently pressed that key and pressed enter, and when i press the key again, nothing happens.

what did i just do?
    U were def not pressing the $ button then. U were probably pressing the SYM button cuz that's what it does. The $ button only types in a currency.(ie whichever currency u set it to)

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan251:What does that same key do when you hit alt first? That little speaker.

Hitting the $ button types the currency
    Pressing Alt+$ still types the currency

Hope this clears it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 08:13 AM
    before you use the currency key the first time it pops up several currency choices. after you select one you have to change it via options > screen/keyboard.
    08-04-08 08:19 AM
    before you use the currency key the first time it pops up several currency choices. after you select one you have to change it via options > screen/keyboard.
    yup. that's exactly what the pop-up window says when you see that list of symbols.
    is there some reason why the list would appear, and not the message?
    08-04-08 09:14 AM
    I inadvertently changed the $ to the euro sign on my Torch 9800. How do I change it back?
    01-14-11 01:41 PM
    How do I do this on my Torch 9800?
    01-14-11 01:43 PM
    How do I do this on my Torch 9800?
    Options> Typing and Input> Keyboard> Currency Key
    01-14-11 01:48 PM
    I inadvertently changed the $ to the euro sign on my Torch 9800. How do I change it back?
    Go to Options, Typing and Input, Keyboard, Currency Key.
    01-14-11 01:49 PM
    I may be in the coffin corner here. I used this key in my screen lock password. The key was undefined at the time. Then I went into BB desktop to upload some photos. I could not get the desktop program to unlock the BB due to 'wrong password'. I went into the BB and changed the currency key to each currency. Currently it is on the yen. Nothing worked on the PC side. Now my BB has screen locked and it will not accept the password. I assume that this is due to that key now having a different result when entering my password than it did when it was undefined. Short of wiping the device and losing the pictures I was trying to upload, is there a way to enter the password? Somehow I need to enter a value in that password position which is the same as with the original key as undefined? I am on 8 out of 10 on password tries. So two chances left and then wiped. Thanks.
    11-26-12 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD