Usually when I put my phone on vibrate, it's because I'm in class or somewhere important where i dont want my phone to make noise. However I've noticed that with the curve 8300, when I put the phone on vibrate, the sounds will still come out. Like when I dial numbers and things like that. Is there any option to fix this?
    01-05-08 03:44 AM
    Yes, when you change your BB over to Vibrate that should silent the dial tone, as it does it to mine. I'm stumped on this one! There is no way to turn on or off the dial tone it's self. The only way I know how to "Turn off" the dial tone is by switch it vibrate mode. I hate to jump right to defective berry, might be tho.

Click
    01-05-08 05:12 AM
    Yeah I thought the same thing too, until I learned the hard way... I was in a meeting so I put my Curve on vibe, thinking it wouldn't be making any sounds. Imagine my surprise when my alarm goes off, full blast I might add, right in the middle of the meeting. The guy who was speaking actually stopped talking until I could shut the damn thing off. I was so embarassed......
    01-05-08 05:16 AM
    Yea I can't blame you for that! I just don't know why it would silent that as well. This is a new one on me that's for sure!

Click

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-08 05:33 AM
    So does this happen to other people or is it just me?
    01-05-08 05:01 PM
    The work around is to put it on silent not vib.
    01-05-08 05:51 PM
    I tried putting it on silent but when i dial a number, the dialing sound still comes out =/
    01-05-08 06:00 PM
    OK then Im stumped! Have you tried a battery pull?
    01-05-08 06:21 PM
    Ahh I just did that and still no success =( I'm starting to think that my brand new curve may be defective!!!!!!!! I can't figure it out...
    01-05-08 08:46 PM
    Nope! Mine does it too!!! Never realized it before but there really is no way to shut the dial tones off!
    01-05-08 08:54 PM
    Nope! Mine does it too!!! Never realized it before but there really is no way to shut the dial tones off!
    Hold up BW, when I turn mine to VIB or SIL I hear NO dial tone. Wonder why mine does it. I wonder if its....wait! I wonder if its becuase I have 4.3?? Hmmmm I'm truly stumped on this one!!!!

Click
    01-05-08 08:58 PM
    Same as everybody else my dial tones are always loud no matter what profile i have it on.....wish i could change it also.
    01-06-08 11:57 AM
    anyone else have any thoughts on this? help would be greatly appreciated for my pearl 8100! i am not pleased with the dialing tone when my phone's on silent!!!
    01-18-08 11:55 PM
    number keys always make noise regardless of the profile I use.
    01-19-08 12:14 AM
    I read this somewhere and just tried it. It does work but it's quite the hassle. You can type the number out in memo and press menu and choose "call _____." When you type out the numbers in memo there's no sound. But it is kind of time consuming I'd rather just dial with the sound on.
    01-19-08 01:03 AM
    vibrate+Tone = ( vibrates first and tone )
    Volume = mute than its no sounds
    01-19-08 02:01 AM
    Edit the flippin profile!
    Go into the sound profiles, scroll down to advanced and set them up the way you want. Holster settings only work with the stock blackberry pouch that came with your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD