I want to try out the XM radio that came pre-loaded on my curve 8310, however from what I gather on these message boards, Im wondering if it will even work. It's starting to get a little frustrating because I can't seem to do a whole lot on this phone other than text, email, or make calls. I can't play any video or video clips, I can't play any kind of audio, I can't access most websites because I don't have the proper "flash"player- etc.... I was hoping that since the Xm radio trial came pre-loaded on the phone that maybe....just maybe.. this might actually work. Does anyone know if it will work on the curve 8310?
    02-18-08 03:32 AM
    It looks like you have asked this on a couple different forums. According to what I have read XM should work and was one of the things that AT&T boasted about in press releases 5-6 months ago. As for your problems with music and video, you probably need to do two things there; 1, get a memory card for your device; 2, install and use the Desktop Software which comes with Media Manager so that you can put media files on your device and utilize them.

AS for your inability to access websites, I am not sure what you are doing wrong there. Out of the box, with the proper data plan, you should be hitting the internet without any problems.

From some of what you are describing, it sounds like you do not subscribe to any data plan, but I could be wrong. You may want to check with AT&T about some of the problems you are experiencing.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    02-18-08 12:02 PM
    Thanks for the help. I only posted the question on this forum and the at&t forum- am I not supposed to do that?? I appologize, I'm still new to the blackberry thing. Anyway, I went ahead and tried it, and just as I thought, can't access XM because I do not have the correct "flash" player. I posted the question here because I was just curious if there was anything extra I needed in order to access the XM. Guess not
    02-18-08 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD