The sides are rubberized plastic and won't peel. The top is a sticker and will peel and crack depending on how much it is abused by touch/wear/pocket humidity. It's too bad RIM didn't make it out of the same material as the rails and just silkscreen the gps logo on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 10:18 AM
    The sides are rubberized plastic and won't peel. The top is a sticker and will peel and crack depending on how much it is abused by touch/wear/pocket humidity. It's too bad RIM didn't make it out of the same material as the rails and just silkscreen the gps logo on.

thanks kemal, sure good assurance that will be seeing the last of this wierd peeling... and yes, I am getting a case

thanks all!
    07-16-08 11:05 AM
    Hmm..
    I started using a skin on mine a couple of weeks after I got it.
    So maybe that saved it.

Do you use a skin or some kind of covering?
    i have a skin on mine from day one and yesterday i seen the top left corner is starting to peel look like right were i take the skin off to do a battery pull
    07-16-08 11:12 AM
    My top has a few minor nicks in it that you can hardly see, but it seems that the side is loose cause when I press on the upper right corner, it makes a soft clicking noise. I am not one for holsters or cases, my BB is usually in my pocket, so I use the OEM sheith that it came with, and that seems to protect it well.
    07-16-08 12:13 PM
    No peel, no pain........case it......it will greatly offer wear protection
    07-16-08 01:38 PM
    The top of mine started peeling, too. I finally scraped it all off last week.

07-16-08 04:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD