Recently, my autotext feature has been acting up. When trying to use the default shortcuts for possessives and contractions, the apostrophe isn't being automatically added in. (i.e. when I type "hes" it does not auto-correct to "he's.") This is a pretty big inconvenience as most of my emails are typed from my CrackBerry. Do I need to manually go back in and add them to the Autotext list (easy enough,) or is there a more simple solution? [edit] Also, when I got out of the gym last night, I noticed that the Berry had received about 8 emails three separate times each. The Autotext malfunction seems to coincide with this.

Summary:
    Problems:
    -Autotext seemingly deleted only words with apostrophes in them. (ex. Il = I'll shes = he's)
    -Receiving multiple copies of the same emails. (this only happened once with a handful of mails)

Solutions I've tried:
    -CrackBerry Forum search
    -Battery yank
    Last edited by Neckbeard; 02-03-09 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the emails.
    02-03-09 01:55 PM
    If the entries were deleted then I would add them back in, or reload the OS from scratch then do a selective restore from a backup. (restore everything except autotext)
    02-03-09 01:58 PM
    If the entries were deleted then I would add them back in, or reload the OS from scratch then do a selective restore from a backup. (restore everything except autotext)
    Yeah, I decided to stop being lazy and just manually put them back in. I just thought it was really strange that only entries with apostrophes were deleted. Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 03:13 PM
    Upon further inspection, I noticed that somehow, the input language was switched to Spanish. :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 03:17 PM
    Also, your email issue yesterday may have been due to the BB service having issues. When my emails finally came up last night, I received 12 emails to one account and none to my other account. About 5 minutes later, those same 12 emails came up again. Maybe a coincidence that they were both happening at the same time??
    02-03-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD