Does anyone know how to make your phone number look like another phone number when texting someone? I think I have seen a way to do it before but can't remember. Any help would be great, thanks in advance. Also I know how to make my number private during phone calls, but I don't know how to make it private or fake during texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 10:02 PM
    i dont know..sounds sketchy/illegal to me though.
    11-06-09 10:13 PM
    On Verizon you can send a text from their website and key in any "from" number you want.

11-06-09 10:19 PM
    SHHHHH be very very quiet. You didn't get this from me. If anyone asks you found this in the trash. You don't know me and you never heard my name.

SpoofCard - Caller ID Spoofing, Voice Changing & Call Recording | Spoof Caller ID
    11-06-09 10:39 PM
    Lol. I'm not trying to do anything illegal/sketchy ya'll. Just trying to get info. From someone. And they need not know its big meezie

11-07-09 07:30 AM
    Lol. I'm not trying to do anything illegal/sketchy ya'll. Just trying to get info. From someone. And they need not know its big meezie
    Sorry, but that TOTALLY sounds sketchy.
    11-07-09 10:15 AM
    I'm not certain, but this might work.

Options>SMS Text> and then change the Callback Number.

I would first try to text somebody else to see the results.
    11-07-09 11:34 AM
    Carolina faithful. I love you and so does my bb. That is exactly what I wanted. I knew I seen it before. But I could not find it. But thank you for your help

11-07-09 01:13 PM
    you can't do that
    11-07-09 01:37 PM
    Try it and you will likely see that that doesn't block or change your phone number from going out with your text messages.
    11-07-09 01:48 PM
    Yeh, it doesnt, it will still go to your contact or whoever as your # but when you open the msg, or they do, the # IN there will not be present, if that is an option on thier phone. I can take the call back # off and on my husbands it doesnt display in the sms, but it still shows as coming from my #.

It just sounds weird trying to block a text # though.
    11-07-09 01:49 PM
    Yep I found out. That sux I there goes my evil plan of holering at a chick anonymoslly. U don't just give ur number to anycrazy chick. Lol. Thanks all and peace

11-07-09 04:21 PM
    Oh you CAN change or hide your number in a text, BUT it is pretty much illegal, nulls your warranty, and violates the contract with your carrier.

11-07-09 06:09 PM
    Yep I found out. That sux I there goes my evil plan of holering at a chick anonymoslly. U don't just give ur number to anycrazy chick. Lol. Thanks all and peace

Sorry, just a shot in the dark.
    11-07-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD