Hi!

Here's my problem: I had opened DTG and it kept asking for permission to allow to listen?? Anyway, after hitting "allow" and checking "do not ask to listen" about ten times in a row with it repeating the pop-up, I accidentally hit deny and then after that it stopped asking for permission and each time I tried to open a doc (even in a new email), it said "permission denied". So then, I asked how to fix this in another forum and I was told to remove DTG and re-install.

So I removed the DTG app and when I hooked up to DM to re-install, the only apps to show in the list were my third-party apps. No choices to install or remove any of the others like before when I upgraded.

How do I make ALL the apps show up so I can check or remove them?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    11-01-08 06:47 PM
    i think you have to go to advanced options in desk top manager the they are all listed
    11-01-08 06:59 PM
    When you opened DM, did you open Update Applications and select Advanced? If you didn't, try checking there for docs2go. Then check it and click finish. You may need to reinstall the OS to your computer to find d2g if only third party apps are showing up.

Once you install your OS to your PC and Docs2go still isn't showing up, you may need to back up your device and reinstall your OS. Let me know if you do need to do that and I'll post the instructions for upgrading an existing OS on your device.
    11-01-08 07:00 PM
    Were you able to find docs2go?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 09:22 PM
    When you opened DM, did you open Update Applications and select Advanced? If you didn't, try checking there for docs2go. Then check it and click finish. You may need to reinstall the OS to your computer to find d2g if only third party apps are showing up.

Once you install your OS to your PC and Docs2go still isn't showing up, you may need to back up your device and reinstall your OS. Let me know if you do need to do that and I'll post the instructions for upgrading an existing OS on your device.
    Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry I forgot to mention in my original post that I did go to update and advanced, etc. And I did re-download the OS to my computer but the app list still doesn't show up.
    Last edited by PCgirl; 11-01-08 at 11:15 PM.
    11-01-08 10:54 PM
    That is unusual> I think your next bet is to reinstall your OS. Your apploader won't see the OS to upgrade because it is the same as what is already on your device. So you'll need to trick it into reloading your OS. The instructions below are from the 101 upgrade guide to address this issue. Good luck!

If you're installing an operating system that's older (or the same) than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file to install the OS. But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any. On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install.

You'll know your new OS is installed successfully when the Desktop Manager's Update Complete screen appears and your device's radio turns back on. Shortly after the process finishes up, you should receive a message in you inbox to let you know your device is registered with your carrier's network. If you don't receive such a message, resend your device's e-mail service books. You can send service books in two ways, using either your BlackBerry itself or your carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) page. To send service books via BlackBerry, open your E-Mail Settings/Set-Up Internet E-mail icon, log in if prompted, and click Service Books option under the Settings heading. On the following page, send the books by hitting Service Books again.

Make sure the back up and restore option is checked because the apploader will wipe your device -- and back it up if possible. Also, make sure you're using the official .81 upgrade available at TMobile.
    Last edited by exelant; 11-01-08 at 11:59 PM.
    11-01-08 11:54 PM
    ^^^Thanks Exelant. I'll try reloading the OS to my laptop again and then I'll try tricking it. I'll let you know what happens.
    11-02-08 12:04 AM
    Well, I reloaded the OS on my laptop again. Same thing happens. Clicking on the advance tab only brings up a list with my third-party apps. I have no idea why it won't bring up the rest of the applications.

And I looked in the device software in "about desktop manager" and it does have the 4.5.0.81 listed. So I don't know why I can't get the app list.
    11-02-08 12:27 AM
    Is docs2go that big a deal? Or should I just get over it already?

Well, in any case, I still need to figure out why I can't access the full app list.
    11-02-08 12:47 AM
    That is very strange. Are you deleting the vendor file? That shouldn't matter, you're TMo. You may need to give CS a call. One thing, have you tried uninstalling DM and reinstalling a new download of 4.6 DM? You might try that then reinstalling the OS and then check for Docs2go.

I wouldn't worry too much about docs 2 go because you can open docs and pdfs attached to emails, but you do need to figure out why DM isn't working.

11-02-08 01:20 AM
    That is very strange. Are you deleting the vendor file? That shouldn't matter, you're TMo. You may need to give CS a call. One thing, have you tried uninstalling DM and reinstalling a new download of 4.6 DM? You might try that then reinstalling the OS and then check for Docs2go.

I wouldn't worry too much about docs 2 go because you can open docs and pdfs attached to emails, but you do need to figure out why DM isn't working.

Yeah, I originally had the one on the t-mo site but then I had a couple of problems so I replaced it with the 4.6 on the RIM site. I guess I could try the t-mo one again.

And you're right, I won't worry about docs2go since I probably wouldn't edit docs on my bb anyway.

I'll post again if I figure out the DM thing!

Thanks for all your time and assistance!

11-02-08 01:42 AM
    No problem at all, I wish I knew what it is. The DM on tmo's site is the most recent version and I'd try that one. That OS should show up in apploader after you double click it to install it . Good luck and let me know.

11-02-08 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD