This is my first post so please go easy...

I checked around the site before I posted and I am having an issue with DTG. I downloaded the 4.5 OS from RIM not from Verizon. All is well but there is no DTG. I checked the app loader and there is no option to install it. Does the "generic" version of 4.5 have DTG or do I have to wait for the official release from Verizon? Thanks for any info.
    10-12-08 08:54 PM
    Which device do you have and which OS did you install, push alt-left shift-H it will say 4.5.0.xx, what are the last 2 numbers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 09:15 PM
    I have a 8330 curve from Verizon and the OS is 4.5.0.77...thanks.
    10-13-08 07:28 AM
    Docs to go should be there in 77.

10-13-08 07:37 AM
    You can download it from RIM, but I think this might be a pay version.
    http://mobile.blackberry.com/redirec...externalLink=1

10-13-08 07:40 AM
    Just to be sure, you did check in the list of apps on the desktop?
    10-13-08 09:10 AM
    DTG does not automatically get installed in the OS 4.5 update. Connect your BB your PC, start DM, select Application Loader andstart Add/Remove Applications. Scroll through the list of applications, and you should see a line for DTG. Click on the box next to it and select next. The summary should say something like "installing one item, documents to go". Click finish.
    10-13-08 09:18 AM
    I have checked the phone...no DTG. I have checked the app loader (DM 4.6) and there is no option to install DTG. I see all of my other software, themes, etc, but no DTG. There is no reference to it anywhere but as I said earlier, everything appears to be working perfectly so I don't know why I can't find this app anywhere.
    10-13-08 02:36 PM
    I have 4.5.0.81 and I don't have DTG either. I checked app loader and all that is in there are the apps currently on my phone. I have DM 4.6 and I downloaded the OS from the sticky

10-13-08 02:43 PM
    May want to double check. I own a VZW 8330 - found the update for 4.5 and loaded it on my curve. When I checked - DTG wasn't on the phone. I had to go back into app loader - and there it was - installed it. Checked on the phone & it was there. Works fine.
    10-13-08 02:45 PM
    Check out this link, you can use crackmem to make sure that docs2go is renamed and you can put docs2go ver 1.002 on. The steps are listed here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...tml#post820777
    10-13-08 02:50 PM
    sam1ee - thanks! I just downloaded it and installed it...no problem. Last question...I can only view these types of files and can't create or modify unless I buy the premier edition right? Other than that...it's what I've been looking for...thanks again.
    10-13-08 03:35 PM
    sam1ee - thanks! I just downloaded it and installed it...no problem. Last question...I can only view these types of files and can't create or modify unless I buy the premier edition right? Other than that...it's what I've been looking for...thanks again.
    Register your version of Docs2Go, and then check for updates. You will get excel that way. You can modify with the free version you just can't create a new document. The way to work around that is to save a blank word/excel/powerpoint on your SD card and open it and "Save As" then give it a file name, that way it doesn't overwrite the blank original
    10-13-08 03:41 PM
    Thanks...going to send some blank files from my PC to the phone...you guys are great!
    10-13-08 03:49 PM
    Register your version of Docs2Go, and then check for updates. You will get excel that way. You can modify with the free version you just can't create a new document. The way to work around that is to save a blank word/excel/powerpoint on your SD card and open it and "Save As" then give it a file name, that way it doesn't overwrite the blank original

Sirdes, thanks for the extra pointer.

Or, you can email your device an attachment with a blank MS Office document from your desktop.
    10-13-08 05:53 PM
    To edit a file you first need to download it then while in the file hit the menu key and select EDIT
    Last edited by TheBronx; 10-13-08 at 06:32 PM.
    10-13-08 06:29 PM
    Interestingly, I just checked and my OS .81 doesn't have DTG.
    10-13-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD