I went to my desktop mgr and copied up a work document. then I went to my blackberry to open it and I can't. I've never used documents to go can someone help me??????
    05-17-09 10:10 AM
    First things first :-)
    � Do you have OS 4.5? (I'm om wap and can't see your profile, sorry if it's there)
    � Do yoiu have Docs to go? If so, jut open the appropriate application and open the file. The apps normally install inside their own hone screen folder labeled "Documents to Go".
    � If you don't have Docs to Go, note that the app doesn't install automatically with OS 4.5. If you don't have it, you may need to download the OS to your desktop, install it, and then use Desktop Manager/AppLoader to install Docs to Go.

Please post back with some details and we'll try to get you going.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 11:06 AM
    Yes, I have OS 4.5 and yes I also have Documents to go. The icon is on my phone and when I click it gives me the options word to go, slideshow to go and browser.
    05-17-09 11:29 AM
    This file wouldnt happen to be an exel file would it?
    05-17-09 11:57 AM
    05-17-09 12:00 PM
    rip32 - good call to ask about Excel, and a good if complex :-) link by bx. OP - D2G does not install Excel until you register your version with DataViz (open any D2G app and press MenuKey > Register) after which you can look for upgrades (MenuKey > Check for Updates) and install Excel over-the-air at no charge. Let us know any progress you're making.

05-17-09 02:03 PM
    It is definitely a word document. Maybe I should be walked through from the beginning starting at the desktop manager. I'm sure I did something wrong along the way.
    05-17-09 03:03 PM
    While your device isnt plugged into your pc. Go to media then hit the menu key and select explore. Navigate to where you saved the file. Once you find the file and click the trackball. Docs to go should open the file. If not tell me what it says.
    05-17-09 03:30 PM
    Quick thing to toss in here; can't find it anywhere online.

How can I change the font size on my Docs to Go on my Storm? Running the 141 hybrid leaked OS from here.
    05-17-09 05:24 PM
    Menu > Zoom ??
    05-17-09 07:12 PM
    but for the entire document? i'll give it a shot....i've put an "ebook" on my phone in .doc format and wanted to increase the font by maybe one or two points for readability.
    05-17-09 07:22 PM
    Not sure I understand the problem. If you go to Menu > Zoom, the entire document will be viewed at that size.

If you are asking if you can EDIT the font size in the document, you can't do that. At least not with the Basic version. Not sure about the Premium version.
    05-17-09 08:12 PM
    Wow! You really are a crackberry genius! It worked, thank you. I'll be back when I'm ready to do an excel document. Thanks for the help!
    05-17-09 08:28 PM
    Not sure who your talking to, but glad you got it working.
    05-17-09 08:44 PM
    If I have the Empower Mail Program...Do I have to have Documents To Go to open up pdf files or is that covered totally in the Empower program? I don't use Docs to Go so I want to delete it from my phone for the space because I don't use it....But I don't want to not be able to open up my email attachments (certain ones like pdf, etc.)
    05-19-09 12:05 AM
    Empower does not include a PDF viewer, and neither does the basic version of Docs to Go. BlackBerry contains a native PDF viewer but I found it pretty unsatisfactory: when it's zoomed enough to see anything, it becomes too pixelated to read, although you can select "View Text" to view a text-only version. My PDF reading blues disappeared when I purchased Docs to Go Premium, which includes a very spiffy PDF viewer.

05-19-09 07:06 AM
    Hello all,
    I'm a new convert -- from Moto Q to BB Curve -- and lovin it.
    I'm hoping someone can help me with WTG... I opened an attachement from an e-mail and saved it to my media card. I'm able to open the doc, and "save as" a file and read the doc -- no problem. Now i want to get rid of it... Does anyone know how I can delete that file/doc from my media card. There are no options in the menu of word to go to "delete"... and I can't seem to find anything in the options folder/block.

Thanks,
    CAVI
    05-25-09 09:45 PM
    Media > Menu > Explore > navigate to the file > Menu > Delete
    05-26-09 06:09 AM
    Yep, mm is correct (as always). I've actually communicated with DataViz about this and registered having a file management option as a wish list item. eOffice has a very full-featured file management system but I never warmed up to it's features.

05-26-09 07:04 AM
    Everyone was SO helpful the last time I had a Docs to Go question sorry but I've got another one. I recently was able to get rid of PTT (never used it, why have it taking up room) but in doing so it removed SheetsToGo, is there any get it back on without having to remove DocsToGo & reloading it? I tried using DM & reloading it but it's greyed out & won't let me select it & I had just done a back up before removing PTT so I thought I'd be good to go but no luck. If there isn't an easy way it's not too big of a deal. My Curve is personal so it's not like I'm getting flooded with spreadsheets or anything just more of an "incase" kind of thing. Thanks again for all the previous help & in advance for this time!
    05-26-09 07:54 AM
    It downgraded your docs to go when you ran app loader. Here is how to stop it from doing that. DocID: 14193 - Blackberry Desktop Manager downgrades Documents To Go to an older version.
    You should be able to open word to go and check for updates.
    05-26-09 08:46 AM
    Well I'm running the newest version of DM & when I check for updates of DocsToGo it's says that "you are currently using the latest available update (version 1.007) of your registered software." It does say that I have 5 downloads remaining, whatever that means & I can "click to download software or click for download maintenance options. Looks like I have a year before "download end date."
    05-26-09 10:41 AM
    Yea its supposed to be fixed with 4.7. Not sure if it really is since I dont use DM 4.7. I would try the maintenance download.
    05-26-09 11:13 AM
    Yeah, that's what I'll probably do, I was mainly checking here to see if anyone knew of a easy or quick fix to it. My Curve is "personal" so I don't have to worry about work issues or anything so I'll probably just wait on it for now. Thanks for the quick responses everyone. Seriously I don't even know why you get a book with your new BB, it should just come with this website printed on a business card!
    05-26-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD