I have a brand new 83xx with the latest 4.5... Do I need to install the DM in order to drag and drop music onto my BB's media card?
    02-16-09 02:10 PM
    No. Go to options/media card/then enable mass storage mode. It will show up under my computer as a device with removable storage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:19 PM
    No. Go to options/media card/then enable mass storage mode. It will show up under my computer as a device with removable storage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks to question 1....

My daughter had no choice but to load DM 4.5 with media manager.. I know media manager has its cons.. But could she plug in her bb and drag and drop music onto her media card OR would the DM pop up along with media manager???
    02-16-09 02:23 PM
    You can't run media manager with out starting DM. Just plugging in the BB will not bring up DM.
    02-16-09 02:26 PM
    You can't run media manager with out starting DM. Just plugging in the BB will not bring up DM.
    So she could plug the BB into her comp and drag and drop music onto her media card?

Thanks
    02-16-09 02:28 PM
    Yes that's right
    02-16-09 02:31 PM
    IF you can, she can. Just need a media card, a blackberry and Mass storage mode turned on......a pc does help too
    02-16-09 02:33 PM
    IF you can, she can. Just need a media card, a blackberry and Mass storage mode turned on......a pc does help too
    I have MY own PC, With my music lol

And she has hers with dm 4.5 with media manager.. thats why I was asking...

Thanks all
    02-16-09 02:36 PM
    Roger that I was just messing with ya It will work for both as stated. Enjoy.... Its by far the easiest way and media manager is just a waste of space.....
    02-16-09 02:39 PM
    I run DM for updates and data sync, apps, etc. but went into msconfig and unchecked all the roxio (media mgr) components, since I drop/drag music, pics etc directly from pc. Now everything works (and starts up) much faster. Yessss!
    02-16-09 02:42 PM
    Roger that I was just messing with ya It will work for both as stated. Enjoy.... Its by far the easiest way and media manager is just a waste of space.....
    As usual Trem.....Thanks
    02-16-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD