My blackberry is currently set up to receive email through the Blackberry Enterprise server of my old company. I still receive emails from them every now and then so they haven't removed me from the server. Thing is, I don't want to get emails anymore from them but am worried that I will lose all my contacts. Is there anyway around this?

I use my blackberry for personal use and have my personal email accounts on there but all my contacts were entered in via Outlook at my old company. Any insight offered would be great. Do I have the company remove me from the BES and lose all my contacts or is there something else I can do?

Thanks,
    Katie
    10-06-09 03:35 PM
    You should be able to backup your contacts with the desktop manager.
    10-06-09 03:45 PM
    If the BES settings allow you to install apps, you could download Google sync and import all your contacts into a Google contacts list.
    10-06-09 03:57 PM
    BTW, they can issue a remote wipe command, in which case you will lose everything. Better get started with DM fast.
    10-06-09 04:08 PM
    You can also sync through Desktop Manager with the ASCII sync. This will create a .csv file on your PC desktop that you can open with Excel and edit easily.
    10-06-09 04:16 PM
    My blackberry is currently set up to receive email through the Blackberry Enterprise server of my old company. I still receive emails from them every now and then so they haven't removed me from the server. Thing is, I don't want to get emails anymore from them but am worried that I will lose all my contacts. Is there anyway around this?

I use my blackberry for personal use and have my personal email accounts on there but all my contacts were entered in via Outlook at my old company. Any insight offered would be great. Do I have the company remove me from the BES and lose all my contacts or is there something else I can do?

Thanks,
    Katie

As Stated, I would suggest using desktop manager to backup your device.. and i'd do it quick to make sure you don' tget a remote wipe..
    10-09-09 09:20 AM
    However, if you work for a company with a very restrictive BES IT policy, you may not be able to use Desktop Manager to backup anything. Our company is like that. I'm assuming the phone is owned by you, so I would make a phone call and at least get the Exchange admin to print out a list of your contacts if you can't back them up.
    10-09-09 09:29 AM
    Also have them remove the IT Policy off the phone
    10-09-09 10:07 AM
    Also have them remove the IT Policy off the phone
    They can remove the policy, but I've found the best way to break from a BES is to perform a full wipe. It puts the phone back to factory, but then you know that you have made a clean break from their BES.
    10-09-09 10:14 AM
    The problem was him doing a back up with BBDTM,, he would still have the policy,
    10-09-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD