Did anyone receive a email on there phone from research in motion that you need to upgrade ur phone asap to the new version to like 4.5V i think

How and the Heck do i the upgrade.. its soo confusing.. i dont know if i should just go to att and have them do it or help me.. or if i should just try again! AHHH
    06-17-09 10:51 AM
    All the info you need is a post or two above yours. Good luck.

forkup
    Last edited by forkup; 06-17-09 at 11:11 AM.
    06-17-09 10:54 AM
    Did anyone receive a email on there phone from research in motion that you need to upgrade ur phone asap to the new version to like 4.5V i think

How and the Heck do i the upgrade.. its soo confusing.. i dont know if i should just go to att and have them do it or help me.. or if i should just try again! AHHH
    Upgrading your OS is not difficult, but it is not trivial either. It will be much easier to do, and you will be much more likely to be successful, if you first get some basic familiarity with your BlackBerry. A good way to do that is to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Created by Forums Moderator Reed McLay, it will show you how to install your device OS on your PC, (which you have to do to upgrade your OS) and will help you optimize your free memory. It's a terrific tutorial procedure. Once you've done that, and understand what's going on, upgrading your OS will be much easier.

You should not attempt to upgrade the OS in the first 30 days that you own a new phone, simply because installing an OS other than the factory-supported OS will void your warranty and you will have to restore the factory OS before you can return your phone, should you find some other defect in it in the first 30 days. As an additional benefit, after using it for 30 days, you'll be much more likely to succeed when you do attempt the upgrade.
    06-17-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD